Transmission issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoboMac

Well Known Member
How long ago did you buy it?If its been under a month,lemmon law,has to refund the purchase.If you want a 4speed,that saginaw is stronger than any muncie.

Here ya go......A 10 second Saginaw.....Who'd of ever thought.....:dunno

I think this deserves to be in the Guinness book of world records....

Now I'm gonna leave it in....and see If I can break it.......

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Here ya go......A 10 second Saginaw.....Who'd of ever thought.....:dunno

I think this deserves to be in the Guinness book of world records....

Now I'm gonna leave it in....and see If I can break it.......

Brian, I stated the car ran 11's. NOT 10's. I did say that motor has run 10.32 in another personal car. I put this car together in this form back in 2015 as scene here, post #11:

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/another-canadian-pontiac.27496/#post-259708

Now I have pictures from 2015 and posts with what MY CAR had. Even shows the bigger stickier tire. Describes how the car ran and what problems I was having back then, TRACTION. Like I posted before, I have some info I'm keeping private as It puts my mind at ease about this whole deal.

Let us know when you break it? Because being a saginaw as you claim, that should have happened by now with a stroked 474/409 with ported heads, 714 solid roller, 3900lbs car????? Members have said these break behind 250Hp cars? So this should have happened by now. AND still nothing about MY trans qwirks................ Guess the rebuild fixed them?

MoboMac

Well Known Member
We've all been waiting.....for you to come out of the closet....John

That was quite the RANT.......but can you tell us how you REALLY feel?

I've never read such a misconstrued pile of horsesh*t....in my entire life.......that has absolutely NO relevance to this thread...or the issue at hand...

You've missed your calling.........

You should have been a politician.

All of that CRAP you posted.......is a just a FEEBLE attempt at a smokeshow....to divert peoples attention from the fact...that you BLATANTLY lied to me...about the transmission in the 61....Whether you knew or NOT....you LIED

It's time to "man up"....and admit....that you know NOTHING about transmissions.......and made a mistake.

We negotiated on price...and agreed on a figure..

.I sent you a $5000 deposit........You then sent me a receipt/bill of sale....for the car....and said the balance owing....is for the motor.......a separate deal.....YOUR idea...NOT mine.........but it does change the tax status....regardless of the reason...

John is suffering from selective memory.........or perhaps he was on drugs.......but he doesn't seem to remember much of our phone conversations...regarding the transaction.

When a price was agreed on....he suggested that once payment was made in full....he would courier the title to me....and I said.....Great idea.

A week after payment was made....I asked where the papers were............

Oh,,,,sorry....I was busy with family stuff..........

Three days later. get a message.......I sent it out....but didn't put enough postage on it....so it came back....

It arrived ...a week later....as letter mail........

.Good JOB john....you saved $12....

Real professional......

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
We've all been waiting.....for you to come out of the closet....John

That was quite the RANT.......but can you tell us how you REALLY feel?

I've never read such a misconstrued pile of horsesh*t....in my entire life.......that has absolutely NO relevance to this thread...or the issue at hand...

You've missed your calling.........

You should have been a politician.

All of that CRAP you posted.......is a just a FEEBLE attempt at a smokeshow....to divert peoples attention from the fact...that you BLATANTLY lied to me...about the transmission in the 61....Whether you knew or NOT....you LIED

It's time to "man up"....and admit....that you know NOTHING about transmissions.......and made a mistake.

We negotiated on price...and agreed on a figure..

.I sent you a $5000 deposit........You then sent me a receipt/bill of sale....for the car....and said the balance owing....is for the motor.......a separate deal.....YOUR idea...NOT mine.........but it does change the tax status....regardless of the reason...

John is suffering from selective memory.........or perhaps he was on drugs.......but he doesn't seem to remember much of our phone conversations...regarding the transaction.

When a price was agreed on....he suggested that once payment was made in full....he would courier the title to me....and I said.....Great idea.

A week after payment was made....I asked where the papers were............

Oh,,,,sorry....I was busy with family stuff..........

Three days later. get a message.......I sent it out....but didn't put enough postage on it....so it came back....

It arrived ...a week later....as letter mail........

.Good JOB john....you saved $12....

Real professional......

So I made this BS up???

Point #1, I have emails that I was offered more than you, but car was getting broken up.

Point #2 Distinct qwirks with trans when it left my house? Never mentioned???

Point #3 here's the email dated Fri 27/7/2018 2:36pm"Hi John, That's a fair offer.
I'll have to go ask my mom......for some more $$$. "

Point #4 You have contacted me with Al Bundy, Brian Drabik, and when you call, your phone say Dave Steward.

Point #5 You agree there was a ton of emails and pictures. Car as you say was as described and satisfied, other then trans.

Now for YOUR claim of $5000.00 deposit and 2 bills of sale. WHY in the world, would any "seller" want to have 2 bills of sale for a car UNLESS buyer requested it and as you admitted, for lowering the taxes paid to register it.

Now ownership papers sent out. YES you said to courier it, BUT I said no I will put it in the car so it come with the car. I could NOT send you the ownership earlier as I was helping YOU out by keeping the insurance on the car till it arrives. My insurance company wouldn't insure the car during transport with it still be MINE. As per YOUR email 7/8/2018 7:57pm, "OK...good....
Please keep insurance valid......till it's safe...in my barn...TTYL Brian"
BUT you didn't want the ownership in the car. I said I would mail out the originals separately with copies with the shipper. I never agreed to courier. I said I would mail originals. Here is my email dated 30/8/2018 4:50pm " Ok will do what you want. I can mail them, leave them in car, give to driver. I will call you tomorrow to finalize this and do what you want. Thanks John" Yes the papers did come back due to postage, it was ONE day, and back out right away On Sept 9th. They picked up the mail at my OFFICE like they do every day, Sept 8th, came back next day, put more postage on it (since I didn't fold the documents) and out. BUT as you claimed on the phone, you would like me to keep the insurance on it just incase (as a favour to you) something were to happen in shipping. As you email above PROVES you wanted. Since you couldn't get insurance for the car till it was in BC. So it ends up being another month I had the car insured for you.

The car left ONTARIO with a T10. This is all I know. HOW, because the guy who helped the engine trans swap, and supplied clutch, still has the trans numbers write down. As well as my conversation with a somewhat "expert" BW trans guy on UMTR by the name of Don, it just happens to have these,

T10-1c T10-7b WM7-2

That was the trans that was in the car when it left my possession. If those are Saginaw, then I guess it was a Sag. But to me, it looked like a T10, coded as a T10, and stood up like a T10. What happened the 29 days between I can't say. Did you swap it out, or just claim that to get it rebuilt on my dime............... YES at first I thought I might have made a mistake when I was caught with my mind in other place. BUT once I was able to focus, I then recalled I had spoken to Dan about building the trans. And my guy said, "No way, I still have the numbers written down in you book". So low and behold, there they are..

So where is the BS, how is this not pertaining to this thread/topic.

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
As well as selling the car under what my bottom line was. I did recoup some of the $$$ by keeping the stereo. But I also included:

1. Hood
2. STANDARD steering column
3. Rad with auto hook-ups
4. Spare lens
5. Spare grill inserts and surrounds
6. Some spare side trim
7. Spare front fender spear
8. Total of 5 hubcaps, 2 on car
9. Original trans and converter
10. 1961 shop manual
11. 1961 Pontiac brochure
12. flash drive with some of the pictures from over the years

So I include all these extras with the car, but I screw you on a trans?

MoboMac

Well Known Member
Show us pictures of the T-10 transmission that was in the car when it left Ontario.........?

You can't....because it was a Saginaw....

MORE BULLSH*T......that is TOTALLY unrelated......to your LACK...of accountability........

You seem to have a problem JOHN CLAWSIE.........because the more CRAP you post.......The worse you look.....

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Show us pictures of the T-10 transmission that was in the car when it left Ontario.........?

You can't....because it was a Saginaw....

MORE BULLSH*T......that is TOTALLY unrelated......to your LACK...of accountability........

You seem to have a problem JOHN CLAWSIE.........because the more CRAP you post.......The worse you look.....

Well Brian, for once you are right. I DO NOT have a picture of the trans when it left my possession? Only the codes posted. Same with the engine, I have a picture of A engine, not the codes, but have the codes for that too. Nor do I have a picture of the P case 3.36, or the scatter shield or the clutch I claim that was in there. This we can agree on. Hell that clutch and scatter shield was more than you paid to rebuild my trans.

I have posted only the fact as it pertains to this deal. I have backed up my claims with direct quote from emails. YOU are the "older gentleman" who seems delusional and has a poor grasp of reality. As you said, YOU WANTED the ownership COURIERED. I said no! I gave you 3 option of which is in bold in post #46. You chose something that wasn't on the table, and I'm the bad guy or not "Real professional......"?

Let look at the first post. You said "Car was advertised.....with a date correct T-10 .......and that info is also on the bill of sale...."

Here is that bill of sale;
Bill Of Sale:
To whom it may concern:
I, John Clawsie have agreed to sell to Brian Drabik my 409 stroker and T10 4 sp transmission for the TOTAL SUM of $11,000.00 in CND funds. They are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with no warrantee or guarantee of any kind other.
Block casting number is 3857656 for 1965 (some late 1964) 409 block.
Any moving or shipping is upon Brian to do at his cost. Car will not be moved until it is paid in FULL. Money must be in my account before car and ownership can be transferred. The funds will be PAID IN FULL AND IN MY ACCOUNT BEFORE THE REMOVAL OF THESE PIECES FROM THE CAR.
This is part of a deal that is in conjunction of sale of 1961 Pontiac Parisienne V.I.N. #178378477. Both deals MUST proceed at the same time and one will not happen without the other. The $5,000.00 for the car MUST be paid in full FIRST, then the monies for the engine and transmission can be paid.
I REQUIRE A MIN NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $5,000.00 By Aug. 8th to hold these 2 deals. Car can stay here in my possession for the month of August without penalty or cost.
I WOULD LIKE FULL PAYMENT FOR BOTH DEALS ASAP but the car can sit till picked up."

So where is your "with a date correct T-10"? You either have poor comprehension or are just flat out confused. But just like pushing a rope, this is going nowhere.

I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD and you. I am SORRY to the site and it's members that this has went this way. I said my side, but also feel that I must defend myself and post some facts that were misleading. As far as I'm concerned this is done and over with. BUT if anyone would like to question me or this deal, please PM me. I will offer up any advice, emails, pictures and documentation that I have. You than can make your own decision.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I have a t-10 with a steel case and an aluminum tail piece. I have owned it since 1964. I believe it is a close ratio.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
It certainly was interesting, and we all learned a lesson or two.

When I sell my old house I'm going to use the clause:

" sold AS IS, WHERE IS with no warrantee or guarantee of any kind other."

as that pretty much covers everything...

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It certainly was interesting, and we all learned a lesson or two.

When I sell my old house I'm going to use the clause:

" sold AS IS, WHERE IS with no warrantee or guarantee of any kind other."

as that pretty much covers everything...

Add one more thing Tom buyer has the right too inspection and if he/she declines the inspection have them sign off on it!!!!!!!!!

MoboMac

Well Known Member
Well Brian, for once you are right. I DO NOT have a picture of the trans when it left my possession? Only the codes posted. Same with the engine, I have a picture of A engine, not the codes, but have the codes for that too. Nor do I have a picture of the P case 3.36, or the scatter shield or the clutch I claim that was in there. This we can agree on. Hell that clutch and scatter shield was more than you paid to rebuild my trans.

I have posted only the fact as it pertains to this deal. I have backed up my claims with direct quote from emails. YOU are the "older gentleman" who seems delusional and has a poor grasp of reality. As you said, YOU WANTED the ownership COURIERED. I said no! I gave you 3 option of which is in bold in post #46. You chose something that wasn't on the table, and I'm the bad guy or not "Real professional......"?

Let look at the first post. You said "Car was advertised.....with a date correct T-10 .......and that info is also on the bill of sale...."

Here is that bill of sale;
Bill Of Sale:
To whom it may concern:
I, John Clawsie have agreed to sell to Brian Drabik my 409 stroker and T10 4 sp transmission for the TOTAL SUM of $11,000.00 in CND funds. They are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with no warrantee or guarantee of any kind other.
Block casting number is 3857656 for 1965 (some late 1964) 409 block.
Any moving or shipping is upon Brian to do at his cost. Car will not be moved until it is paid in FULL. Money must be in my account before car and ownership can be transferred. The funds will be PAID IN FULL AND IN MY ACCOUNT BEFORE THE REMOVAL OF THESE PIECES FROM THE CAR.
This is part of a deal that is in conjunction of sale of 1961 Pontiac Parisienne V.I.N. #178378477. Both deals MUST proceed at the same time and one will not happen without the other. The $5,000.00 for the car MUST be paid in full FIRST, then the monies for the engine and transmission can be paid.
I REQUIRE A MIN NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $5,000.00 By Aug. 8th to hold these 2 deals. Car can stay here in my possession for the month of August without penalty or cost.
I WOULD LIKE FULL PAYMENT FOR BOTH DEALS ASAP but the car can sit till picked up."

So where is your "with a date correct T-10"? You either have poor comprehension or are just flat out confused. But just like pushing a rope, this is going nowhere.

I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD and you. I am SORRY to the site and it's members that this has went this way. I said my side, but also feel that I must defend myself and post some facts that were misleading. As far as I'm concerned this is done and over with. BUT if anyone would like to question me or this deal, please PM me. I will offer up any advice, emails, pictures and documentation that I have. You than can make your own decision.

Just show us the pictures of the transmission,,,,in the car......Never mind all the BS.....

You've changed your mind about what transmission it had in it ...at least 4 times now....

It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about....

......and are grasping at straws.....and are looking very foolish...posting all this unrelated information...

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Don't think I am alone, but I am done with this thread too. It will never get resolved here.
I agree with Phil. This issue will never be resolved here; maybe never, period. They are both too far apart. It's really too bad. But, I did learn a few things from reading these threads. It's certainly always best to inspect the car or parts you are buying yourself. Especially, if a lot of money is exchanging hands. Because of distance or some other reason you can't see it yourself, then insist on a lot of pics. Be specific in writing as to what you are buying. I don't like phone call discussions. There is no record of it. I like emails where things can be memorialized. Hire a car inspection company to check it out for you. Maybe a local member from a car club would also do that. Seems there are many options out there. Things don't always have to turn out this way. In the scheme of life, it's not worth getting worked up over. Nothing is going to change. Hope they both find some peace, Carmine.

MoboMac

Well Known Member
I see we're flogging a dead horse here.......

You all know this anyways......Never argue with a liar and an idiot...They drag you down to their level....and beat you with experience...

Just thought I'd share some " fun stuff".......about my new car........

The engine pictures I got...prior to purchase...showed the current engine...with a generator on it.......I thought that was kind of cool....and mentioned it to the seller.......He said that he had upgraded to a alternator.....

OK...no biggie.......more efficient...OK......

Now John told me he is a machinist by trade.........and the alternator bracket in the pics posted below......is a FINE example...of his skills......and the calibre of work he did on the 61........note that it is mounted upside down..........with no back support........The alternator....has about 1/4" of lateral movement....with 1" of slop on the belt.......and cannot be tensioned any more.....because it will pull it out of alignment.

Note the nice washer stack....where support arm bolts to head........I've found several of these...in various locations.....clutch linkage....and shifter linkage....to name a few...

.John prolly picked up a big box of 3/8 flat washers...on sale at harbour freight....

Looks like Walt Disney...could have been involved....in the conversion.....

NEXT up.......clutch linkage........note washer stack.....and 1/4" slop in Z-bar......I did notice this in pics he sent..........BIG stop sign.......should have recognized it....

I moved the Z-bar by hand the other day.........and the lower rod dropped right out of the clutch fork.

One more.....Front brakes were converted to disc....with popular $500 china kit.........Looks OK...so far......Front shock are NEW...but different brands....I'm scratching my head on that one.......

I ask John....What's the story...on the rears?

He says....they work...........but e-brake doesn't.........Those things NEVER work....

I had to change out the FUGLY wheels......immediately......and notice BOTH rear backing plates were wet.......as was bottom of diff pumpkin.....

I pulled the drums......Right side has a bad axle seal.....and left side has a leaky wheel cylinder.......Well John....you are right AGAIN........E-brakes NEVER work with oil soaked brake shoes....

AND...the advertised 3:36 posi appear to be a 3:08...........

While I'm under there....I grab the driveshaft....and give it a wiggle.........There is OVER 3/8" lateral movement in the steady bearing .....

Ok....so if you back up the bus here....... and read some of his delusional posts......he mentions street racing......and beating his buddys 11 second camero.........with NO rear brakes..........and a driveshaft that is ready to fall out...........and OH.......did I mention the car has NO seatbelts????

No wonder his wife made him sell the 61.....

Good Job... JOHN CLAWSIE........you are a REAL piece of work....

Thought I'd include a picture of the date coded 61 BW T-10 trans...that came in the car....

From looking at the transmission picture.....It's pretty obvious....that it was removed ...for clutch change/engine swap......so whoever worked on this car........Knew NOTHING about 4-speed transmissions...of the era...and I DID find lots of washers...in the shift linkage........so "you know who" was obviously involved

Attachments

• CIMG2600 (2).jpg
    CIMG2600 (2).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG2604 (2).jpg
    CIMG2604 (2).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 44
  • clutch linkage.jpg
    clutch linkage.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG2610 (2).jpg
    CIMG2610 (2).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG2606 (2).jpg
    CIMG2606 (2).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG2607 (2).jpg
    CIMG2607 (2).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 45
  • saginaw 2.jpg
    saginaw 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Well as for some PM's, seems I'm not alone. Thanks guys. One Pm in particular I been ask to quote:

" but feel free to say "another forum member who had past dealings with Mobomac contacted me and tells me he is not a man of his word."

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I see we're flogging a dead horse here.......

You all know this anyways......Never argue with a liar and an idiot...They drag you down to their level....and beat you with experience...

Just thought I'd share some " fun stuff".......about my new car........

The engine pictures I got...prior to purchase...showed the current engine...with a generator on it.......I thought that was kind of cool....and mentioned it to the seller.......He said that he had upgraded to a alternator.....

OK...no biggie.......more efficient...OK......

Now John told me he is a machinist by trade.........and the alternator bracket in the pics posted below......is a FINE example...of his skills......and the calibre of work he did on the 61........note that it is mounted upside down..........with no back support........The alternator....has about 1/4" of lateral movement....with 1" of slop on the belt.......and cannot be tensioned any more.....because it will pull it out of alignment.

Note the nice washer stack....where support arm bolts to head........I've found several of these...in various locations.....clutch linkage....and shifter linkage....to name a few...

.John prolly picked up a big box of 3/8 flat washers...on sale at harbour freight....

Looks like Walt Disney...could have been involved....in the conversion.....

NEXT up.......clutch linkage........note washer stack.....and 1/4" slop in Z-bar......I did notice this in pics he sent..........BIG stop sign.......should have recognized it....

I moved the Z-bar by hand the other day.........and the lower rod dropped right out of the clutch fork.

One more.....Front brakes were converted to disc....with popular $500 china kit.........Looks OK...so far......Front shock are NEW...but different brands....I'm scratching my head on that one.......

I ask John....What's the story...on the rears?

He says....they work...........but e-brake doesn't.........Those things NEVER work....

I had to change out the FUGLY wheels......immediately......and notice BOTH rear backing plates were wet.......as was bottom of diff pumpkin.....

I pulled the drums......Right side has a bad axle seal.....and left side has a leaky wheel cylinder.......Well John....you are right AGAIN........E-brakes NEVER work with oil soaked brake shoes....

AND...the advertised 3:36 posi appear to be a 3:08...........

While I'm under there....I grab the driveshaft....and give it a wiggle.........There is OVER 3/8" lateral movement in the steady bearing .....

Ok....so if you back up the bus here....... and read some of his delusional posts......he mentions street racing......and beating his buddys 11 second camero.........with NO rear brakes..........and a driveshaft that is ready to fall out...........and OH.......did I mention the car has NO seatbelts????

No wonder his wife made him sell the 61.....

Good Job... JOHN CLAWSIE........you are a REAL piece of work....

Thought I'd include a picture of the date coded 61 BW T-10 trans...that came in the car....

From looking at the transmission picture.....It's pretty obvious....that it was removed ...for clutch change/engine swap......so whoever worked on this car........Knew NOTHING about 4-speed transmissions...of the era...and I DID find lots of washers...in the shift linkage........so "you know who" was obviously involved
Caveat emptor. Get over it. This could all have been resolved beforehand by a pre-purchase inspection.
I got hoo dooed pretty good on the non inspected purchase of my 62 almost 3 years ago. I have just about finished correcting all the screwed up things later discovered. I don't cry about it, just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

MoboMac

Well Known Member
Well as for some PM's, seems I'm not alone. Thanks guys. One Pm in particular I been ask to quote:

" but feel free to say "another forum member who had past dealings with Mobomac contacted me and tells me he is not a man of his word."

Question.....How do you know when 61 bubble is lying?

Answer: When his lips start moving....

Status
Not open for further replies.