Transmission question

Mr. Chev

Well Known Member
I want to buy a new richmond t10 but am unsure if the stock shifter will work, I know it will need a fine spline clutch but what about the ansen shifter and yoke?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
This may not be much help, but I put a Super T-10 in my early Nova and here is what I found (compared to say a Muncie). I did it because I had the trans and I liked the gear set (AMC ratios) but I probably would not do it again. I keep thinking about a TKX.

-You may not have the multiple shifter locations that you might need. So we had to fab up a shifter mounting plate for a forward location and get the usable rods from someone who knew what they were doing.

-The input spline is finer, as you noted

-The output yoke needed is the larger T-400 size

Good luck.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
"rods from someone who knew what they were doing.....".....yikes.... :crazy :crazy:crazy:laugh2
Lol! It's the truth. I had to find the link to prove it, but I somehow located a guy (many years ago) who made it his mission in life to build customized shifters for whatever you had. I wanted my ST-10 shifter to locate in the original 63 Nova floor hump, but everything was too far back. His name was Eric. He sent me a box with some stuff he made and some combo of Hurst rods and everything works perfectly. He had some kind of test fixture he built where he could bolt on trannies and slam gears to test them out, I think.

Found it! Eric Davidson

The shifter is still in the car until I spin out and put in a TKX.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Crash Enterprises....cool....looks like there's still folks out there that can "make things happen."

There's 3 kinds of people in this world.

Those that make things happen.

Those that watch things happen.

Those that wonder what happened.

I can do all three, sometimes all at once...... :dance :flag:flag:doh:laugh2:drinking:drunk

425/409ER

Well Known Member
The last time I swapped over a Muncie to a Super T-10 everything swapped right over. Only thing different were the shifter rods and link parts on the cover. Always like the Super T-10 with the 2.88 low gear AS-9 Vette transmission, tough as nails.

Mr. Chev

Well Known Member
I have a worn out 63 t 10 but I think it has two sets of shifter mount holes the new t 10s appear to only have the three holes or one mount option just want what I had and not a bunch of fabrication. Want the shifter to fit as it is now, may just buy all new gears and sliders ect.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That's the problem I had. The Chevy II needed the forward set of holes, which were on the early T-10 (or some of them) and the Muncie. I am getting closer to buying a TKX every time I read this thread.