Transmission

Silversport 63

Well Known Member
Hey guys another question I'm doing the tremec swap in my 63 original power glide consul car em I going to need that trans hump peace that show cars sale

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
As I said in the other post, I am about 90 % sure ( I have seen pictures......) that you will have have a new tunnel cover ( to replace the factory tunnel) . The tunnel cover will run from the firewall joint to just in front of the seat and the new tunnel cover will have to be as wide as the existing tunnel “ but 2 inches taller” someone who knows how to do sheet metal work will have to make you one.. unless you can
That’s why I use Richmond 5 speeds that don’t require this major floor modification. Also your factory molded carpet( that fits factory floor pans) will not fit this new Tremec required tunnel cover.
Paul

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Not that I'm going to change the trans. in my '62, but that info about Tremec vs. Richmond re. tunnel changes is good to know. Thanks Paul, Carmine.

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Also from everything I have read the 63 center console will not fit correctly with a Tremac due to the tunnel modifications. The 63 console is a low profile that really hugs the existing tunnel.