Traveling with money

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Watched a show about this on 60 minutes......or 2020 whatever the show was......... they were
robbed

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-ne...police-taking-their-bankrolls-in-traffic-stop
Just looked at that link. WOW. Nazi Germany all over again.

Dave, thanks for wanting to help me with the delivery. I've taken it under advisement and decided to let you. Can't you meet me at 2AM tomorrow morning on the corner of Walk-Don't Walk in any city you would like. I might be running a little late, but please wait for me :laughing.

This car I have an interest in, will be inspected tomorrow afternoon. After that, I'll call the guy doing the inspection and get his input. If it requires me to go further, then I will call the owner. I know I have zero interest in paying what he is asking. Not sure if there is any wiggle room or even how much. We've only done some text messaging and emails. Mostly pics and descriptions. He appears to be a motivated seller, so I guess I'll see. This could also all be a moot point, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The thread you're looking for was posted on that 55/57 site, I think
Cops can take your money IF they happen to pull you over. So don't look suspicious, Oh, that's right you're Italian
Don't let people know you're traveling with lots of cash, like post it on the internet for all to see.
You're right. It was on another site. A 17 minute long video. I watched the whole thing. Made me want to vomit. How they can get away with that based on just the amount of cash, and nothing else, is remarkable. Does anyone realize how many lives can be affected by this illegal seizure?? People loss businesses and other legitimate opportunities, because of it. What if the money was needed for medical reasons?? This totally disgust me.
Seriously, what the hell is this country coming to?? To steal money from innocent people and get away with it. Whoever partakes in this, is no better then a criminal themselves. It will be a moot point with me. I'm not going to carry that kind of cash. If I do buy the car, something will be worked out, Carmine.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's been going on for years. I watched a tv program(60minutes?) once of a guy from texas I think, that was in the flower business and he was flying somewhere to make a purchase and he had like $20k on him and they took it at the airport. He was legit as all hell. I think he was Hispanic but could have been mistaken for Italian I suppose:dunno2

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's been going on for years. I watched a tv program(60minutes?) once of a guy from texas I think, that was in the flower business and he was flying somewhere to make a purchase and he had like $20k on him and they took it at the airport. He was legit as all hell. I think he was Hispanic but could have been mistaken for Italian I suppose:dunno2

That episode was years ago like you said Mike. I thought he was buying trees and was a gardner, either way that was the one I saw.