Tri-City Plating

bobs409

Administrator
Where do I start? My experience with this company is nothing short of a nightmare. I sent them a front and rear bumper from my 63 Impala. I was told it would cost $1200 and can take up to 8 weeks but got them back in about 4 but was not in a hurry. Out of the 6 pieces, 5 had to be sent back due to defects or poor workmanship!

Communication is also a big problem with this place. Emails go unanswered often, when they do reply it's a quick reply using the least amount of words possible like they are paying per letter! The person who answers the emails makes no effort to help at all. It's too much for this person to check on something and reply back...

Another problem is it seems like no one there knows what the other is doing! I honestly don't know how they have been in business since 1967. They surely must have done better in the past than what I experienced. A good plater would never send parts back with all those defects as they did. (see pics)

After calling and explaining all the defects, they sent an UPS pickup so I sent back 5 of the 6 pieces. This time they took the whole 8 weeks to get them back to me. They were better in that they had no scratches, nicks or bubbles however I still see graininess or sand scratches in the coved areas. Not something you want on a show car. I don't feel as though this is "show quality" as stated on their site. They charge a top rate but fail to deliver a top rate product.

I just want to put this behind me so I'm DONE. The thoughts of sending them back and dealing with these people yet again doesn't sit well with me to say the least. Unless they peel or some other major problem, I won't be sending anything back to this place. (they say they are lifetime guarantee but I don't see this place lasting too much longer for that to matter...)

Believe me, I wish I could praise them to the limits as I was looking for a good reliable plater as I have other projects coming up. Guess I'm still looking for that reliable plater...

Do yourself a big favor, go ANYWHERE else!

P.S. I did research this company beforehand and found mostly good reviews. I had high hopes.

I'd give them a 1 star for poor but I'm going for a 2 since they did re-do these and eat the shipping both ways without squawking about it.

DSCN5039.jpg DSCN5040.jpg DSCN5041.jpg DSCN5045.jpg DSCN5047.jpg

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Bob, you can send them to me and I'll use them. There are plenty of other things on my 63 to notice before that. I'll even send you my bumpers and you can try somebody else. I agree, you spent too much money for them not to be perfect but the price would be much better for me, so I'd have nothing to bitch about.:poke

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Bob,
I know 1200 bucks seems like a lot but I can tell that is not a "real show chrome price". Call Paul's or Royal Silver Plating for a price to plate both bumpers with a show quality chrome, it will be a shocker.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob,
I know 1200 bucks seems like a lot but I can tell that is not a "real show chrome price". Call Paul's or Royal Silver Plating for a price to plate both bumpers with a show quality chrome, it will be a shocker.
I think I paid 800.00 each for my 57 Buick show quality and I did all the blocking on the copper which cut the price about in half. Also been dealing with him for 25 years.