Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
9 Passenger Belair Wagon will be this year. 2dr Belair sedan will get more attention next year. Wagon is getting a couple more goodies before spring. Just sand blasted my rear steelies over lunch today. Pie crust cheaters will fit nice.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If your not braking stuff, your not trying hard enough. Kinda like "Hold My Beer And Watch This"
That's why I'm bringing 2 sets of axles and fluid because I don't think I'll hook to hard but even getting on it multiple times will get the axles to explode at some point. I've only got a 370 posi so my "Space Shuttle" won't launch to hard with an automatic. We will see. Might not hold together and be forced to throw my 470 spool 9inch under it.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's why I'm bringing 2 sets of axles and fluid because I don't think I'll hook to hard but even getting on it multiple times will get the axles to explode at some point. I've only got a 370 posi so my "Space Shuttle" won't launch to hard with an automatic. We will see. Might not hold together and be forced to throw my 470 spool 9inch under it.

Sounds like that car would make a good pull back car for a dragster. :D

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Good question Dave, I am working on my to-do list the best I can.
I'll try my best to send two people up there with some 409's to join in. :good
Me and racing, now that's another question, I have been gathering parts though.
I'm spread thinner than saran wrap for a bet, but no regrets, lovin every minute of it. :crazy

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The track manager e-mailed me today wondering if they should put us on the schedule. I told him yes, but if there aren't many more cars signing up there will only be one class. I know it's early and guys have cars apart, ect, and family commitments on the line. We'll see how it goes. This is a great track and you will probably be able to make all the runs you want. It's not that far from where we should be able to park to the stands/starting line, so check out Google Earth and see what you think.

I'll post motels later. The motels in Dyersville seem to fill up early, so if you're on the fence, I would suggest booking a room and cancel it if things do not work out.

Also FYI, motels, racers, and any other updates will be added to POST #1.

Later
Dave

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just spoke to a guy I know (Dave Hobbs, Central Iowa) with a Black 1963 Impala 409 dual quads 4sp. I went to school with his boys and they have always been into fast cars and racing. Dave has had that black 63 for as long as I remember cars as a kid. He will probably bring it up to show and watch us but to affraid of racing it since its not really set up to his liking. I'm going to go pull some more arms and see what shakes loose.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Three p

three piece? I'd like to see that.

They call them 2 piece but when I put the slip yoke on the back half I consider it 3 major pieces. Besides if you stand close to it at the start line you will likely see it come out in 7-8 pieces really quickly if I hook good. :burnoutI'll have a couple sets of 17 splines handy with fluid and a welder just for the rear end at the track but I will bring another shaft incase I need to swap parts. Still working on getting my drive shaft loop installed. Never know though. By July I could have a TH400 with a manual valve body in there because the glide might let go. If anyone knows the area I'm in there is miles of perfectly flat new roads that will be my test and tune this spring until Eddyville opens back up. I'll set up some special markers on the side of the road and try and get some practice runs in. Nothing but corn fields and flat black top.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
They call them 2 piece but when I put the slip yoke on the back half I consider it 3 major pieces. Besides if you stand close to it at the start line you will likely see it come out in 7-8 pieces really quickly if I hook good. :burnoutI'll have a couple sets of 17 splines handy with fluid and a welder just for the rear end at the track but I will bring another shaft incase I need to swap parts. Still working on getting my drive shaft loop installed. Never know though. By July I could have a TH400 with a manual valve body in there because the glide might let go. If anyone knows the area I'm in there is miles of perfectly flat new roads that will be my test and tune this spring until Eddyville opens back up. I'll set up some special markers on the side of the road and try and get some practice runs in. Nothing but corn fields and flat black top.
Well, in that case I have a three piece also!