Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'd like to thank every one that came to Iowa to race and those that came to BS. Good times with friends. A bit of rain on Saturday and somewhat hot the rest of the time. Should have raced Thursday and Friday when it was cooler. Congrats to Ray(beat me into the dirt) on the grudge race. Also Ralph Dehne won the watch with the fastest reaction time in the first round of eliminations. .047 I believe. I think other posts pretty well covered the rest.

See you at 42...................:burnout

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The inside of the wagon looks like the inside of a reefer trailer.
I figured if I wasn't running my bigger motor in the wagon then I should loose some pounds. I'm still mad they turned the scale off on Sunday because I wanted to get the cars race weight before I put the new interior in. I know where I can weigh the car locally so I'm going to try and head over there this week and see what she tips the scales at in race form. I'm guessing around 3700lbs or less.
Factory 4000lbs plus so with no interior, no front bumper or hood should knock it down a bunch. The 9 passenger set up inside the wagon is heavy stuff.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I watched my races on the videos over and over. I wasn't taking advantage of my stall at the start line and my reaction time is the second part of my run I will be working on at my local track asap.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy..
Do you have the Video of our run??
I don't. The camera doesn't like heat and I forgot to place the cold Gel pack I have for it on it until we were ready to run. It was on for about 10 seconds while were getting into our cars and then it shut down. I actually put the camera in the freezer of our motor home until the next race and it made it through for Paul and I to run. Sorry, camera technical issues are always a problem where every detail counts. Just like cars.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I still have a 2 piece. @ 4010# it has .60 times of 1.46.
Broke a 2 piece twice. Both times my fault.
One time I used a swap meet front half that had a ring around it from being in a car that lost a center support.
While trying to get Doug Marion to notice the car, I launched at about 7K and wound the shft up like a rubber band.
The other time I had twisted the output shatft of the trans and the yoke could not slide up into the trans and blew our the center support.
Short shaft sections have a critacl spedd close to 7000 rpm and a one piece around 53 inches is about 5800