Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Earlville, Iowa on US20 west of Dubuque, Iowa. www.tristateraceway.com The 2019 schedule is posted.

I believe it is one of 3 all concrete tracks in the US. It is downhill from the staging lanes to starting line. Track runs East and is the maximum slope allowed by the NHRA. You can come in Friday and leave Monday if you want. I let them know that if there is enough cars we would like to have two classes +11.50 Fast Cars and -11.50 Faster Cars. I was thinking grudge racing and time trials on the 13th (RAY)and eliminations on the 14th. There will be plenty of seat time to be had. I emailed the track today is here is their reply.

Dave,
Talked with Reid and he said it would be fine to run you guys that weekend. Full hook-ups (near the trees) is 35$ a night. Dry camping in the pits are free. Come and go as you please. Pit together allowed but you will have to be here early to save the spots. We carry 110-112-114 octane race gas. It will be $40 a day for racing and 15 for spectators. Thanks for considering TSR for your event.
Bill Cassil
Track Manager

I will post motel info later if there is enough interest. Any questions?
This is Iowa Daves event I just reposted it for him.

Who's interested??:flag:flag:burnout :drive

1. Dave Coots-- 64 Impala the Crusher
2. Joel Schneeweis 62 Biscayne (Secret New Build)
3. Ishiftem 63 Homewrecker
4. Tom K. ?
5. 409 Charlie 59 Impala
6. Hard Rock 59 El Camino
7. Paul Stensland PVS409 62 Impala SS
8. Randy Johnson 64 Belair Wagon
9. Dave Mills FI 409 Chevy II
10. Ray Barnhart 1960 Impala

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Here's the motel info for Dyersville which is 10 miles to the East of the track. I will also post these on my post number 1 on this thread. I've stayed at the Super 8 and Colonial Inn and they were fine. The motels seem to fill up early so book now and it looks like there is FREE CANCELLATION probably within 24 hours.

Colonial Inn 563-875-7194

Super 8 800-536-9326

Comfort Inn 563-875-7700

Looks like we have 10 signed up. Anyone else out there that is a maybe or is planning on coming, let me know. I can think of 3 or 4 others that need to be there. My cell is 319 five six oh 9922 if you have any questions. Look on the website for a layout of the track and the full hookup camping in the oak trees. Anyone that has been there has nothing but good to say about the all concrete track and management.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Here's the motel info for Dyersville which is 10 miles to the East of the track. I will also post these on my post number 1 on this thread. I've stayed at the Super 8 and Colonial Inn and they were fine. The motels seem to fill up early so book now and it looks like there is FREE CANCELLATION probably within 24 hours.

Super 8 800-536-9326

Comfort Inn 563-875-7700

Looks like we have 10 signed up. Anyone else out there that is a maybe or is planning on coming, let me know. I can think of 3 or 4 others that need to be there. My cell is 319 five six oh 9922 if you have any questions. Look on the website for a layout of the track and the full hookup camping in the oak trees. Anyone that has been there has nothing but good to say about the all concrete track and management.

Thanks
Dave
And your concrete head, lol.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Earlville, Iowa on US20 west of Dubuque, Iowa. www.tristateraceway.com

I believe it is one of 3 all concrete tracks in the US. It is downhill from the staging lanes to starting line. Track runs East and is the maximum slope allowed by the NHRA. You can come in Friday and leave Monday if you want. I let them know that if there is enough cars we would like to have two classes +11.50 Fast Cars and -11.50 Faster Cars. I was thinking grudge racing and time trials on the 13th (RAY)and eliminations on the 14th. There will be plenty of seat time to be had. I emailed the track today is here is their reply.

Dave,
Talked with Reid and he said it would be fine to run you guys that weekend. Full hook-ups (near the trees) is 35$ a night. Dry camping in the pits are free. Come and go as you please. Pit together allowed but you will have to be here early to save the spots. We carry 110-112-114 octane race gas. It will be $40 a day for racing and 15 for spectators. Thanks for considering TSR for your event.
Bill Cassil
Track Manager

If you want to show your car you can park with us at no extra charge. Spectator fee $15

Here's the motel info for Dyersville which is 10 miles to the East of the track. I've stayed at the Super 8 and Colonial Inn and they were fine. The motels seem to fill up early so book now and it looks like there is FREE CANCELLATION probably within 24 hours.

Super 8 800-536-9326

Comfort Inn 563-875-7700

Looks like we have 10 signed up. Anyone else out there that is a maybe or is planning on coming, let me know. I can think of 3-4 others that need to be there. My cell is 319 five six oh 9922 if you have any questions. Look on the website for a layout of the track and the full hookup camping in the oak trees. Anyone that has been there has nothing but good to say about the all concrete track and management.

Thanks
Dave

Who's interested??:flag:flag:burnout :drive

1. Dave Coots-- 64 Impala the Crusher
2. Joel Schneeweis 62 Biscayne (Secret New Build)
3. Ishiftem 63 Homewrecker
4. Tom K. ?
5. 409 Charlie 59 Impala
6. Hard Rock 59 El Camino
7. Paul Stensland PVS409 62 Impala SS
8. Randy Johnson 64 Belair Wagon
9. Dave Mills FI 409 Chevy II
10. Ray Grudge Match Barnhart 60 Impala

Need to have more racers to have 2 classes. Come on out. Any questions call number above. Come on out for some Iowa hospitality. Lining up a "small block cookout" for Saturday with Joe The Plumber......:eat:munch

Dave

Last edited: