Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
NEWS FLASH

Reid, the track owner called tonight. He's pretty happy with the turnout we're having. These cars are right up his alley. He had a pretty nice Mo-par collection before he built the track.

He said instead of $40 per day entry fee it will be $50 to race both days. Might take a little of the bite out of paying the toll coming from the East. Spectators and show cars $15 per day.

We will be having 2 classes. He said there will be a trophy for Division I and Division 2 for the shootout on Sunday.

Another thing, the gates never close. He uses the honor system for paying.

Welcome to Iowa.

Anyone else out there wanting to be on the list???????????:burnout:burnout:flag:flag

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I know of three Yankees looking for a way to beat the toll roads. There has to be another way west. Toll roads just plain piss me off. If politicians would quit giving our tax dollars away to people with their hands out we could end this money grab. Unvoted tax.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I always take Hwy 30 out east when going to the Supershoot which is near Dragway 42. Good road mostly 4 lane. I take I80 east to Gary then I65 south to 30. You and Dave may be a bit North to do that. Bryan knows. We talked about it the other day.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Tolls.....smoles Ray......cheap price to spend a week end with your favorite friends and favorite beer!!!!!!!
You might even return home with the winner's earnings!!!!!!!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil,you haven't spent enough time on the eastern seaboard.The money spent on tolls from the DC area to New England Dragway would eat up 1/2 of your winnings at a typical one of these meets.:bang:bang