Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cost me almost $100.00 in tolls to go up to Wisconsin through Chicago.
Ray you will have to get used to it. Going west to I80/I90 the Pennsylvania turnpike is $108 and I only have to use half of it from Breezewood.
Going south for me the bridge tunnel at Norfolk is $48
Those are round trip with trailer costs if I have to use I80&I90 then they have large tolls for Ohio and Indiana.
Robert

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
We're up to a seventeen. Talking to another racer.

Anyone else interested. Going to have two classes.

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/tri-state-raceway-july-13-14.41010/post-447664
Earlville, Iowa on US20 west of Dubuque, Iowa. www.tristateraceway.com

I believe it is one of 3 all concrete tracks in the US. It is downhill from the staging lanes to starting line. Track runs East and is the maximum slope allowed by the NHRA. You can come in Friday and leave Monday if you want. THE GATES NEVER CLOSE. We will have two classes +11.50 Fast Cars and -11.50 Faster Cars. I was thinking grudge racing and time trials on the 13th (RAY)and eliminations on the 14th. There will be plenty of seat time to be had. I emailed the track today is here is their reply.

Dave,
Talked with Reid and he said it would be fine to run you guys that weekend. Full hook-ups (near the trees) is 35$ a night. Dry camping in the pits are free. Come and go as you please. Pit together allowed but you will have to be here early to save the spots. We carry 110-112-114 octane race gas. It will be $40 a day for racing and 15 for spectators. Thanks for considering TSR for your event.
Bill Cassil
Track Manager
UPDATE. THE COST IS $50 NOW COVERS BOTH DAYS OF RACING. TELL THEM AT THE GATE YOU ARE WITH THE 348/409 GROUP.

If you want to show your car you can park with us at no extra charge. Spectator fee $15

Here's the motel info for Dyersville which is 10 miles to the East of the track. I've stayed at the Super 8 and Colonial Inn and they were fine. The motels seem to fill up early so book now and it looks like there is FREE CANCELLATION probably within 24 hours.

Colonial Inn 563-875-7194

Super 8 800-536-9326

Comfort Inn 563-875-7700

Looks like we have 17 signed up. Anyone else out there that is a maybe or is planning on coming, let me know. I can think of 3-4 others that need to be there. My cell is 319 five six oh 9922 if you have any questions. Look on the website for a layout of the track and the full hookup camping in the oak trees. Anyone that has been there has nothing but good to say about the all concrete track and management.

Thanks
Dave

Who's interested??:flag:flag:burnout :drive

1. Dave Coots-- 64 Impala the Crusher
2. Joel Schneeweis 62 Belair New Build
3. Ishiftem 63 Homewrecker
4. Tom K. ?
5. 409 Charlie 59 Impala
6. Hard Rock 59 El Camino
7. Paul Stensland PVS409 62 Impala SS
8. Randy Johnson 64 Belair Wagon
9. Dave Mills FI 409 Chevy II
10. Ray "Grudge Match" Barnhart 60 Impala
11. Shan Dalley 62 Biscayne
12. Ralph Dehne 63 Impala Z11 Clone
13. Billy Hayden 58 Impala 409
14. Billy Hayden 63 Impala SS 409
15. Bryan "Curly" Fugate 63 Impala SS
16. Joel Czopek 62 Belair
17. Dean Cozad 61 Impala

See the Z11 Harley trike....with a blower..:doh

Any questions call number above. Come on out for some Iowa hospitality. Lining up a "small block cookout" for Saturday noon with Joe The Plumber......:eat:munch Come see the knee high cornfields...

Dave

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This could be fun to come see. Only 4.5 hours for me to get there. I was thinking of going to IOLA, but I could do that on the 12th..:rub
Sounds like there will be several 348/409 owners on hand to see us pistol whip our cars. I have 3 guys with cars that just don't want to run them but will probably be on hand to watch. Two of them have black 63 Impala hardtops with 409s they have both owned for 30 plus years. I hope to talk them into bringing the cars just to show us. (pull their leg until they run them :brow.)

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sounds like there will be several 348/409 owners on hand to see us pistol whip our cars. I have 3 guys with cars that just don't want to run them but will probably be on hand to watch. Two of them have black 63 Impala hardtops with 409s they have both owned for 30 plus years. I hope to talk them into bringing the cars just to show us. (pull their leg until they run them :brow.)

Black 63 Impala's.....:back:hide

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Don't know that I would drive the car that far. I haven't had it more than 40 miles from the barn yet. I suppose I could trailer it, but then I would be tempted to break, er I mean, run it, since I could trailer it home. That cheesy carrier bearing mount bothers, me, although the modification I made last year has held up fine to a couple heavy pedal inputs on Friday night.;)

I have a 6 cylinder for my '54 sedan...:D

Attachments

• DSCN9991.JPG
    DSCN9991.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 19

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I ran my car several years and beat it. 340Hp, stick. If you have tires that don't hook you should be fine.

If you break it, Phil will help you get it on the trailer.................:winner:winner:winner:winner

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you break it, Phil will help you get it on the trailer...

I have an 8k winch on a plate that attaches to a receiver I welded into the front of the trailer for dead horses. I've brought back cars from Western Montana, Colorado (twice), Wyoming and Texas. The '62 was only 15 miles away, but a basket case.

It's a peg leg with 3.08 diff and will roast the 1 tire from a dead stop. I have a pair of Towel City pie crust slicks or 8" M&H wrinkle walls I could use for a little better traction...:dunno

Attachments

• DSCN6997.JPG
    DSCN6997.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 16