Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
For the guys that have not been to a track to race before there are a few things you will need to have to be able to run.
Overflow tank for your radiator
Dual throttle return springs
Good battery hold down
Up to date helmet
Seat belts, factory are fine if you run slower than 11.50
No coolant in the radiator
Long pants
Closed toe shoes
Neutral safety switch for automatic transmission
Working tail light if you run at night

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For the guys that have not been to a track to race before there are a few things you will need to have to be able to run.
Good battery hold down
Up to date helmet
Long pants
Closed toe shoes
You meant to say only water in the radiator. NO ANTIFREEZE of any kind. Also shirt with sleeves.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sorry about that, guess for me if I put something in the radiator if it was water I call it water and coolant if I added antifreeze.
:booboo:

Lost in the 60's

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Good battery hold down
Up to date helmet
Long pants
Closed toe shoes

Well, that leaves me out of running. No overflow, helmet is expired, anti-freeze in the radiator, (and engine..;) ) and no seat belt...never came with them...:(

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here's a curiosity question for all you racers, can you race with a column shifted automatic or do you need a floor shifter with reverse lock out?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
You can race a column shifter.I did this for years with good results.Modify the governor to shift where you want it to,put it in drive and go.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If your TV cable is adjusted correctly and has the proper geometry,you'll need to put stiffer springs in the governor.A lot of the early 90 Corvettes had a governor that shifted in the 5000-5200 range at full throttle.One of those would be the one to use.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Who needs parts at Tri-State raceway? If anyone needs 348/409 parts I have some for sale or trade. I figure there is a bunch of us coming together we might as well swap parts while we are together. Who needs what, has what, wants what or can bring something? I need long tube headers, I have a set lined up to get but won't be able to pick them up until after July 13th weekend. Anyone need dual quad intakes, heads, 348 blocks (not giving up my 409's), water pumps, oil pans or cranks (348, 409, 396/427, 454)? Maybe someone has or needs rims, seats, bumpers, axles, trim...? Just putting this idea out there since there is going to be a large number of us in one place at one time. :browI have a bunch of 61 chevy stuff I'd be happy to get rid of too.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I know of three Yankees looking for a way to beat the toll roads. There has to be another way west. Toll roads just plain piss me off. If politicians would quit giving our tax dollars away to people with their hands out we could end this money grab. Unvoted tax.

Ray I was hoping to try to get there with something to show but can’t fit it in. I did check on tolls in PA Ohio Indiana and Illinois and was surprised $140.10 one way so $280.20 round trip!! Couple years ago did a national show in Iowa and paid a bunch in tolls but don’t think it was that much. Indiana was highest at 45.90! The rest were a couple bucks less.
Robert

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You aren't getting past NE Illinois without tolls. They made sure of that.

Dan

If they come west across Us30 and then go north on I65 to I80 the tolls aren't much. I've traveled that way many times going to the Supershoot in Ohio. That's the route I'll use to go to Dragway 42 which is approximately 30 miles west of the Supershoot.