Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know when me and a friend went to bowling green 2 years ago we stopped at Bob Walla’s and I know he had an app on his phone that would show him all the roads to take to avoid tolls and it worked!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I tried the no toll option and it routed me west the same way I go to Colorado and avoid Pennsylvania tolls until Indianapolis on I-70 then I-74 up to Davenport then Rt 61 north up to tri state.
Interesting in only added about 40 minutes on a 17 hour tow. Oh is a big truckers route but not a problem.
I do have to pay a 8.00 toll to get off the Maryland coastal peninsula I live on known as Delmarva.
Robert
To be precise it added only 31 minutes on the 17 hour tow!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Or maybe 30 to 39 north to rt 20 and 20 takes you right to the track. No tolls but it might take too long????????

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Could use a 63 aluminum front end, in good shape, for my 63 BelAir post!!!!!
How much are we talking? I've got a 63 impala that I could wrap in aluminium foil but first I need to know how much you would pay for my effort. After I'm done ill wad it up in a ball and bring it to Tri-state where you can mount it anywhere you like. :laugh2

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Or maybe 30 to 39 north to rt 20 and 20 takes you right to the track. No tolls but it might take too long????????

I've been through 30 in Chicago, it sucks...all stop and go. I would take I80 to the Quad Cities in Iowa and then go north on US61, mostly all 4 lane, then US20 west. The track is at the Earlville exit.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I tried the no toll option and it routed me west the same way I go to Colorado and avoid Pennsylvania tolls until Indianapolis on I-70 then I-74 up to Davenport then Rt 61 north up to tri state.
Interesting in only added about 40 minutes on a 17 hour tow. Oh is a big truckers route but not a problem.
I do have to pay a 8.00 toll to get off the Maryland coastal peninsula I live on known as Delmarva.
Robert
To be precise it added only 31 minutes on the 17 hour tow!
See you there!!!!!!!!!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Will the 409 group be racing 1/4 mile for sure? Thanks.
Wish we weren't. My wagon's little 348 has a stock cam in it. It will die around 4800rpm. I'll be wishing I would have stepped up the cam all weekend. :facepalm 1/4 Mile is fun though, never know what will happen when you go long. I'll be tapped out long before the 1/8mile mark. I'll be getting some runs down at Eddyville July 5th to see how she does in its current set up. Might get pissed enough to scramble the stroker motor into use.

taws697

Well Known Member
Who needs parts at Tri-State raceway? If anyone needs 348/409 parts I have some for sale or trade. I figure there is a bunch of us coming together we might as well swap parts while we are together. Who needs what, has what, wants what or can bring something? I need long tube headers, I have a set lined up to get but won't be able to pick them up until after July 13th weekend. Anyone need dual quad intakes, heads, 348 blocks (not giving up my 409's), water pumps, oil pans or cranks (348, 409, 396/427, 454)? Maybe someone has or needs rims, seats, bumpers, axles, trim...? Just putting this idea out there since there is going to be a large number of us in one place at one time. :browI have a bunch of 61 chevy stuff I'd be happy to get rid of too.
What do you have for 348 blocks? I just booked my campsite! None of my cars are ready, so my wife and I will be spectating. Hope to meet everyone and check out your rides!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17

I just looked at that and I'm not sure where you would pick up Rt 30. At York US 30 Racetrack in York PA?:D( I don't recommend that) If I could schedule it I still think running my Colorado I-70 Rt to Indianapolis and taking I-74 Up to Davenport. Then changing to Rt61 north then Rt20. Only one bridge toll to get off my peninsula and Ray could afford that one.
I did realize something Earlville is very close to Scotch Grove where my Grandfather's Eby family was located. They ran a water wheel grain mill on the Maquoketa River where X73 crosses it. That road is still named Eby's Mill Road on the Google mapping. I was out there a couple of years ago and found the old highway bridge upstream where the mill was located and the Eby cemetery outside of Scotch Grove. I have lots of family heirlooms from out there including the original civil war letters my great grandfather and one of his brothers wrote back to family members in Scotch Grove!
Any of you Iowa 409ers know any Eby's from that area?
Robert

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well I'm thinking about it. I always want to race with the 409 guys.

You've got good taste Mark. Come join in. It's an all concrete track, one of three in the USA, with the maximum downhill slope allowed by NHRA. It faces east so the prevailing winds from the SW should help. The staging lanes are downhill. You can set a new personal best.

Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Don't know f it has been mentioned & couldn't find it on their website. Do they have racing fuel available to purchase & approximate cost. Thanks.

Joel