Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Don't know f it has been mentioned & couldn't find it on their website. Do they have racing fuel available to purchase & approximate cost. Thanks.

Joel

Hey Joel

See post #1 about the gas they have, not sure of the cost. But if you have the quickest reaction time on Sunday in the Shootout, not time trials, the value of what you will win will pay for your gas all weekend, your entry fee, and beer money left over. Did you get your ride running?

Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks. Yes & no. The car is running but not very good or consistent. I have been out 3 time & always having problems. I believe we got the carb problem solved, distributor taken care of & think the problem is the MSD 6AL2 box & timing. So we are going to replace the box(for a second time, last one went out about 4 years ago). Always runs better after a new one is installed. Working on all this & should be back together next week. Once back together & running I plan to put it in the trailer & test it with you guys at the shootout. Should be enough people there to help me out if any problems(LOL). Hopefully see you in a few weeks. Take care.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I'm petty sure they are. I will check next week when the guy working on it returns. It seems to be an intermittent problem & runs good sometimes & not other. Since we put this new motor back in there has been problems, its not the build I'm sure it is good. There is just a gremlin that we can't find. Thanks for the suggestion, I am open to any ideas that could possibly help.

RussC

Well Known Member
Ground on the MSD box?

I recently spent a year with a car that just kept slowing down. We knew the motor was right. We changed and checked everything...multiple times...multiple races.

Finally...after all our efforts had failed...we decided the only thing left was to take the car home strip out all the wiring and start over.

Then an inspiration from my engine man. We had changed everything except the coil wire. Changed it...bam 8.50s

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ground on the MSD box?

I recently spent a year with a car that just kept slowing down. We knew the motor was right. We changed and checked everything...multiple times...multiple races.

Finally...after all our efforts had failed...we decided the only thing left was to take the car home strip out all the wiring and start over.

Then an inspiration from my engine man. We had changed everything except the coil wire. Changed it...bam 8.50s
That’s enough to start drinking.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
The point is...when trouble shooting don't overlook the small stuff
Exactly, although my quote of Phil’s was a bit of a pun , as I would just about do hand springs down the highway if a small change like a coil wire would get a 8 second e.t. out of the Chevy 2. I put new spark plug wires on this spring, doing a ohm meter check on each wire as they come out of the box, found one brand new wire dead. There was enough leftover wire to make up another so no problem. Like you said don’t overlook the small stuff. Think I’ll go out and ohm check the coil wire now though.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for signing up Mark. Looking forward to it. Not much going on Friday, I'm just putting up signs and caution tape to stake out parking spots. I'll probably get there around noon or a little after. Come anytime, the gates never close.