Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just a FYI about some stuff.

When you come in let them know at the gate you are part of the 348-409 show.

There will be an area marked out where to park.

The tech and race gas is located at the north end of the staging lanes up by the highway. The air hose is on the west side of the concession stands.

Attached is the prize for the quickest reaction time in the first round of eliminations on Sunday.

Small block cookout around noon on Saturday immediately following a T&T for racers, forum members , and family. View attachment 72186 Info coming later on the cookout.
Since Dave is offering his Rolex Coots watch to the quickest reaction time.....I'm here to offer a very prized PRIZE to the racer that had the SLOWEST reaction time. Me feels that person needs to be celebrated also!!!!!
So for the slowest reaction time winner......wins this NOS, never used goes this highly desirable TRICKY DICK costume!!! Guaranteed to be the only one in your neighboorhood!!!!! It uses 4 AA batteries that I am including!!!!
20190707_201714.jpg20190707_201725.jpg20190707_201732.jpg
And for the winners and runner ups in the 2 brackets....I'm sure Dave has something special for each winner, so I'm bringing a consolation prize for the runner ups...your very own, personal, never used Man Hole cover!!!!!!!!!
20190707_201732.jpg
PS: I am reserving the right to award Tricky Dick to either Fat Head or Ishiftem if they display behavior I believe they deserve!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20190707_201559.jpg
    20190707_201559.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 15

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Since Dave is offering his Rolex Coots watch to the quickest reaction time.....I'm here to offer a very prized PRIZE to the racer that had the SLOWEST reaction time. Me feels that person needs to be celebrated also!!!!!
So for the slowest reaction time winner......wins this NOS, never used goes this highly desirable TRICKY DICK costume!!! Guaranteed to be the only one in your neighboorhood!!!!! It uses 4 AA batteries that I am including!!!!
View attachment 72208View attachment 72209View attachment 72210
And for the winners and runner ups in the 2 brackets....I'm sure Dave has something special for each winner, so I'm bringing a consolation prize for the runner ups...your very own, personal, never used Man Hole cover!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 72210
PS: I am reserving the right to award Tricky Dick to either Fat Head or Ishiftem if they display behavior I believe they deserve!!!!!!!
I really don’t want to know how you acquired that costume.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Dave,

Was probably mentioned before, but don’t want to read 15 pages of posts. What time do the festivities begin on Saturday? Don’t want to miss anything.

Fuzz

MAGA

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I really don’t want to know how you acquired that costume.
Candy and I took our minister and his wife to lunch today after church services. Went to a small area restaurant. The pastor was about 5 minutes behind us and when we walked in...noticed the restaurant had a small room marked Garage Sale. I saw it and knew someone in Iowa would want it!!!!! Got it put in a plastic sack before the pastor walked in!!!!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
You all have a great time. I have to cancel, looks like another bad day at Woodburn (last year I blew up the engine). While I was there at the Oldies weekend the car was having problems staying running so we advanced the timing to get the car to run. Too much I believe. Made a few runs & car didn't run very good so I brought it home, we thought it was the electronic box. Replaced that stuff & started it but still sounded bad. Did a few checks & the compression in every cylinder is very low with 0 in a few. Not sure what the damage is but looks as if this season is over for me. Hopefully it will not be too bad & a fairly easy fix. If it is too extensive I don't believe I will be repairing it. I'm bummed out I really wanted t come to Earlville. It is a great track & always fun. You all have a great time & let me know the results. Take care.

Joel

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry to hear this Joel. Hope everything works out for you. Gonna miss your conversations.
Keep us posted!!!!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We will have a generator running too but it's not loud. Either way my 2 boys, wife and parents are going to want the A.C. on so put us where ever you like.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave,

Was probably mentioned before, but don’t want to read 15 pages of posts. What time do the festivities begin on Saturday? Don’t want to miss anything.

Fuzz

MAGA

Fuzz

Reed says racing starts at 10 on Saturday, 9 on Sunday.

Joel

Sorry about your bad luck. We'll miss you. Hope it's not too bad.

Paul

Thanks for asking, but we're good. Joe the Plumber will have it covered. I'll post more info later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You all have a great time. I have to cancel, looks like another bad day at Woodburn (last year I blew up the engine). While I was there at the Oldies weekend the car was having problems staying running so we advanced the timing to get the car to run. Too much I believe. Made a few runs & car didn't run very good so I brought it home, we thought it was the electronic box. Replaced that stuff & started it but still sounded bad. Did a few checks & the compression in every cylinder is very low with 0 in a few. Not sure what the damage is but looks as if this season is over for me. Hopefully it will not be too bad & a fairly easy fix. If it is too extensive I don't believe I will be repairing it. I'm bummed out I really wanted t come to Earlville. It is a great track & always fun. You all have a great time & let me know the results. Take care.

Joel
My guess is you could limp the car down the track and beat me. With 0 compression though, kind of sounds like a cam may have given up. Keep us posted. I'd grab a scope camera and take a peak at your cam/lifters/ valves and see what comes up. Good luck!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
We got the engine out today, intake & heads off. When we drained the oil we found what looks like the timing gear pin stuck to the magnetic drain plug. Also there is an indentation from the exhaust valves on every piston, with # 5 being the worst. That was the cylinder that had 0 compression. Haven't removed the oil pan or timing gear cover yet. That will happen tomorrow & we will check everything in the bottom end. So with a little luck I might be able to get away with replacing the pistons & exhaust valves. Hoping for the best so I can make the West Coast Reunion in late August. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joel