Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
'KUDOS to COOTS for hosting such a great event at a great race track!!!!!!! The whole weekend was nice but hot!!!!! Should have seen Dave Mills' t-shirt!!!!
I'd like to see this as a yearly event!!!!
I know it can be a drive for lots of people, but when we get together.....it's just like family!!!!!! Seriously!!!!! As Scott Hall said today.....people ask him where he is going with the race car....he says "a family reunion where a drag race is gonna break out"!!!!!!! And we had 3 or 4 new family members we have never met. And look at all of Coots family...GEEZE!!!!!!
Think about it boys and girls....better than a county fair and a goat ropin'!!!!!!!!!
See you all at Dragway 42 in August!!!!!

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
'KUDOS to COOTS for hosting such a great event at a great race track!!!!!!! The whole weekend was nice but hot!!!!! Should have seen Dave Mills' t-shirt!!!!
I'd like to see this as a yearly event!!!!
I know it can be a drive for lots of people, but when we get together.....it's just like family!!!!!! Seriously!!!!! As Scott Hall said today.....people ask him where he is going with the race car....he says "a family reunion where a drag race is gonna break out"!!!!!!! And we had 3 or 4 new family members we have never met. And look at all of Coots family...GEEZE!!!!!!
Think about it boys and girls....better than a county fair and a goat ropin'!!!!!!!!!
See you all at Dragway 42 in August!!!!!

Yes, thanks Dave for organizing a fun event. Although I’m not a 348/409 owner, you all made me feel right at home with your hospitality. You guys have some fantastic machines. Growing up in the era of the “W”, it brings back a lot of memories. I too would love to see this as annual event. Thanks again to everyone for giving me the opportunity to meet you and watch you in action. Had a blast!

Fuzz

MAGA

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Like Fuzz and Phill said thank you Dave for the fun event. It was my first time at one of these get togethers with the members on this forum and it was a great time meeting a bunch of ya and putting some faces to the names! It was a lot of fun even just being a spectator.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had a great time this weekend! I was really pleasantly surprised how well the car ran all weekend. Nice meeting new faces and catching up with some old ones. And seeing cars in person. Everyone was friendly and just enjoying the weekend. I won division one and had Paul covered for the overall with a .055 light to his .200. Unfortunately, something let go on the 3-4 shift and I slowly coasted across the line for the loss.

Thanks to Dave for getting the event organized and supplying some good eats on Saturday. This was the best turn out for this get together yet. Hopefully even better next year???? Thanks for the tow back to the pits Dave! And thanks for the helping hands back at the trailer everyone!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow! What a weekend. Nate and Joey turned into my super hero mechanics to bring my 1964 Belair wagon “Space Shuttle” alive. There are no words that can measure the amount of help these guys brought to the table. I brought a large project and had little chance of racing. Low and behold my father and I with the help of Nate and Joey, created a race car, a memory and a friend ship. The “Space Shuttle” had a momentary weather related launch delay of .911 on the first run that could not have been foreseen running a 16.9 the first time out. With some encouragement I brought the R/T to .199 with a best time of 16.306 and ran followed that run with a second 16.336. Thanks again to everyone who provided parts and expertise. I’ll never forget it. Thanks Dave for bring us all together and for not breaking this time. :clap

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
here are Dan and I (with his car and mine -taken by Phil) with our track trophy's we picked for Division 1 and Division 2
the piston on the Trophy's is signed by Antron Brown Top Fuel NHRA champion (who was at Earlville (TriState ) in the recent past -the track owner said)
Paul
81EDE838-B22D-4955-B984-CA179E1EB894.JPGF8DA85B6-F22F-44E0-8214-DE0EE43003E0.JPG

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Home from TriState and our 348/409 Race -My 62 SS 409 Stroker ran great.... My stock rear end and stock axles held up.....(have posi girdles and billet carrier bearing)
See close up of the trophys Dan and I got.

What a great time. I never thought I would could win -because: After blowing the same 409 stroker engine ( broke timing chain , bent 4 valves at over 100 miles per hour -in 2013 at TriState )and a bad clutch at Bowling Green in 2016-

I told the race attendees that I think my 20 years of drag racing in the 60's, 70s helped me win - I don't remember red lighting then and did not this weekend, and I remember leaving first many times (I have 150+ time slips from the 60's/70's).
My reaction times went from (only 2 time trials).244 and .438
to Sunday eliminations were;
.193 red light win to me
.227 - ran 13.709 on a 13.70 dial in
.045 (final Division 2) I ran 13.89 on 13.70 dial

.200 (racing Dan (Ishiftem) I would have preferred that Dan did not break on this final between both classes

Not bad without a line lock with my Muncie 4 speed and a 3:36 posi

The Division 2 final with Randy (1964 Super Stocker) was great, I had to run him down in the lights (after he had 2.50 second -almost 3 second head start....)

I am thinking about next year that we can do it again -thanks Dave...great Saturday food.

Paul
1329B3D2-1F71-4689-8BCE-FA26344323C6.JPGD32E8D8F-F4CA-4E04-897D-929B5F46B8D0.JPG