Tri-State Raceway July 13 & 14

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! What a weekend. Nate and Joey turned into my super hero mechanics to bring my 1964 Belair wagon “Space Shuttle” alive. There are no words that can measure the amount of help these guys brought to the table. I brought a large project and had little chance of racing. Low and behold my father and I with the help of Nate and Joey, created a race car, a memory and a friend ship. The “Space Shuttle” had a momentary weather related launch delay of .911 on the first run that could not have been foreseen running a 16.9 the first time out. With some encouragement I brought the R/T to .199 with a best time of 16.306 and ran followed that run with a second 16.336. Thanks again to everyone who provided parts and expertise. I’ll never forget it. Thanks Dave for bring us all together and for not breaking this time. :clap
Randy it was a lot of fun to get to help you and your dad to work on the wagon and it was awesome to get to see it run down the track! It will always be one of those memories I will never forget!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy it was a lot of fun to get to help you and your dad to work on the wagon and it was awesome to get to see it run down the track! It will always be one of those memories I will never forget!
These vintage motors take a village to make run and work properly. I am so thankful everyone was so helpful and had the little parts and pieces that I needed to be able to get this candle lit. I'm so glad I decided to tech the car because it made my year to get to run down the track with everyone.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The first pass down the track made me have second thoughts about running anymore. The engine bogged down at wide open throttle and just wouldn't go. I didn't touch anything and decided maybe it was a fluke and dialed a 16.2 because if it came out of it I would be half a second faster at least. Sure enough it came alive to give me my first win. I repeated that performance the next pass only to get beat by the champ Paul because my reaction times are slow. I'll be hitting my local track more often to work on getting my car off the line. My motor guys says we can probably get the car into the high 14's with some heavy tuning. We will see because I'm resisting the urge to put my big motor in this car due to my 2dr sedan setting ready for it.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
20190714_150005_005.jpg
Does the guy with the fastest reaction time need to get a watch? I personally think the guy with the slowest time needs to work on keeping better time with a watch. (that was me. I see nothing wrong with .911 reaction time with a new build. :D)

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for helping with my car at the track. Just for an understanding of how far she came. Here is a photo May 27th, just 49 days before the car lined up to race. Granted I have a small shop to work in but some how we made her go. 20190527_203214.jpg