Trivia

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Haven’t seen it, but a guy called me about a year ago with a 62-409 and a 3 speed. He said it was factory. I’ll see if I can reach him.
I had a 63 Belair 2-door sedan with a 3-speed on the column. Was a 340HP. Do not remember where I bought it.
One weekend it was stolen from my business. Brand new 327 flags on the front fender because I had a customer coming in a couple of days. Never found it!!!!!!!

RussC

Well Known Member
I had a 63 Belair 2-door sedan with a 3-speed on the column. Was a 340HP. Do not remember where I bought it.
One weekend it was stolen from my business. Brand new 327 flags on the front fender because I had a customer coming in a couple of days. Never found it!!!!!!!
You should have called Darrel

heddrik

Well Known Member
Wow, that sucks! Did insurance cover it I hope?

heddrik

Well Known Member
Cool! What was it in, an Impala, etc? Did you like it? What transmission if you know. Thank you. I've always been curious about that combination.

El Rat

Well Known Member
It was out of a 62 bench seat Impala. I paid 200.00 for it and did all the work. I swapped my 348 for it before the gent that owned the impala traded it in. The 380 hp was pretty fast ran 13.80’s at the old Houston drag strip. I won lots of money with that 409 in my 60 impala.