Trucks at a car show

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Went to a car show on Sunday. I was amazed at the number of pickup trucks that were there. Mostly Chevy with some F**d's mixed in. A lot in the '55-to late 60's era. Most were nicely done. Heard some chatter about trucks really catching on. It was mentioned that a lot of sources for cars are drying up and no one is selling anything, therefore attention is given to restoring old trucks. That's what they say. Anyway, always enjoy looking at any older vehicle, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
There hasn't been ANYTHING around here in a long time, car or truck. Not even any junkers coming in the yards anymore. :(

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
There hasn't been ANYTHING around here in a long time, car or truck. Not even any junkers coming in the yards anymore. :(

With lack of vehicles coming in, are you thinking maybe folks are restoring whatever might be available?? Possibly something that a few years ago might have been a parts car or truck, but now is viewed differently, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
I think the supply is just drying up. I honestly don't know where the few that have shown up in recent years came from. You can drive all over this area and not see any old cars. Not even rusted out yard art! :D It's horrible to a car guy like myself. The new cars make me sick, wish I didn't have to look at those!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Trucks have been hot for many years now, around 20 years.
I don't think it's so much cars drying up as it is just a change in fad. Keep in mind trucks have always been kind of popular with those few die hards but it really hit in the 1990's.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very true....I only had trucks growing up in the late 70's and early 80's, and in Waco, Tx....where the big cruise was.....there was only a couple of us that had really cleaned up our trucks and dropped nice motors in them to play with. We could hold our own in the 1/4 against moderate hot rods but the good ones ate us up.