Trunk pan question

Impala Steve

Well Known Member
Hi,
I have a 1958 Impala being restored and I'm looking for the upper trunk floor section closest to the tail panel and tail lights (Left photo). I can't find a source for them, unless I'm wrong-does the trunk pan extend all the way to the tail panel where the latch welds to? DSC01164.JPG DSC01163-1.jpg DSC01165-1.jpg I'm also looking for the sheet metal closest to the tail lights where the body mount bolts pass through to mount on top of the frame

If you guys know of anyone or have tackled this problem, how did you approach it? This information would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Most if not all the sheet metal for trunk, body, and floor pans for this year is made through Sherman. However, they don't seem to have any in stock right now. I did find some on Rock Auto and Summit. Here is a search from Summit with all the trunk pans from Sherman (they don't have the parts listed for a 58 Impala Search):
http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/sherman-parts?ibanner=SREPD3&N=4294704845+4294914326

Rock Auto also has some parts (don't if you need what they have though). Since I can't paste a direct link, you'll have to do the following steps:
Do a search on "1958 chevrolet impala 4.6l 283cid v8"
Expand the list which appears, select Body, under this is Trunk Floor and Trunk.

I don't know if these are all the parts you need, but it should be better than nothing.

If these are the parts you need, Rock Auto does show the Manufacturer and Part Number, with this info, you can do a web search and might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. For the most part, I've found Rock Auto well priced, but watch your shipping costs from all vendors. I had one part one place wanted to charge me $250 for shipping!!!

Good luck finding the pieces you need.