tunnel ram

J & J

Well Known Member
I have a chance to purchase a dual quad Mickey Thompson tunnel ram intake manifold. Need to know the correct casting number for this unit. the manifold I can purchase has a casting number of 3746409 if this is correct for the 409 engine, I may want to sell it after I get it, not sure I want to run this manifole very cool looking but I am up in the air as to wanting to keep it. thanks ahead of time to those that reply. :scratch

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Kick A$$ car Jim. I always liked the 57s! When I was a kid a few years before I had my 09 one o fthe guys in the neighborhood had a metal flake green one with a tear drop hood scoop that was fast.

I passed on a M/T years ago for cheap, stil kick myself. Got a Pontiac one though.

J & J

Well Known Member
tunnel/cross ram

Thanks for the input. If I decide to run this manifold I would like to put a pair of Throttle Body Injectors on it. But like I said earlier still up in the air about keeping it. If I decide to sell or trade this venue will be the first to know... thanks again.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Skip,Thanks for the kind words and the puppy is doing fine,she's chewing on everything in the garage,except the 57 :D

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I just bid on e-bay for a m/t crossram, but the bidding passed me up so I just let it go, now I have four seperate second chance offers, all apparently phoney. Having never bought or sold anything on e-bay I can't believe there are so many con artist feeding off of e-bay.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, It has been bad and is getting worse. E-bay is darn good at pulling the phony ads. When you stop and think about the number of scams they have to deal with, I think they do a good job. Common sense is the best protector. But seems like there is a small percentage of people who will send money without double checking the facts. Buyer beware. ( always ) :)

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ya I know what you mean, I really wanted that crossram but it kind of smelled fishy so I asked on here, you guys gave me good advice and I thank you. I just e-mailed a couple of the con artist and asked them how many of them were out there selling someone else's merchandise. Four so far. Thanx again.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Since my Pontiac has a separate valley over I'm trying to figure if I can weld in multi port injectors underneath the M/T runners for an EFI. Dual TBI would be neat too. The Pontiacs often get a separate balance tube welded in between each sides plenum to balance out pulses. I'll post a picture of mine. I don;t know where you could ocate one on the 409 one, maybe on the underneath side.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
J&J. Besides looking really cool, hat manifold really worked well.It was supposed to be worth about 45 HP. They didn't sell too many, so now you have to pay. Bob

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Here's the Pontiac M/T . You can see the crossover tube welded in.

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 89

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I have not used this one yet. All the M/T intakes for Pontiacs were for the 64 and earlier heads. The water crossover bolt pattern and ports line up differently. This was converted to late model heads(65 and up) and the balance tube added. I plan on using it one day. Probably in the 65 GTO project as there is ample hood clearance in there. My RAIV 400 motor the probable candiate. It may get a better 4" crank making it a 428 though. Those heads still go for $2500-3000 bare so it got good rods when I built it. The GTO is a strick car also.