Twisted Valve covers

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
CHINA's finest!!
Those are new? Wow. I'd send them back

Steve /Mike I called show cars today and they said they make them. Also said they wouldn’t have left like that. Shipping box was packed With them in it like a TV with styrofoam and Wasn’t opened. They said it was shipping damage. I’m not a rocket scientist but there were no dents or scratches and damage doesn’t twist things like that.
Needless to say I was pretty disappointed in their response

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I thought maybe they were used when you first asked how to straighten. I would have left them alone and sent them a picture as you posted on the table. I would have thought they would have taken care of the matter.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have never seen anything like that, are they both twisted or is it just one of them? Its hard to believe someone would have packaged them up for shipping if they looked like that.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have never seen anything like that, are they both twisted or is it just one of them? Its hard to believe someone would have packaged them up for shipping if they looked like that.

It's even harder to believe someone would sell something like that new, but I'm not surprised considering my experience with them

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Steve /Mike I called show cars today and they said they make them. Also said they wouldn’t have left like that. Shipping box was packed With them in it like a TV with styrofoam and Wasn’t opened. They said it was shipping damage. I’m not a rocket scientist but there were no dents or scratches and damage doesn’t twist things like that.

Shipping damage or not, the seller is responsible to get what you expected and paid for to you, period.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
LOL! They claim to make them? You mean they pay an asian company to stamp them, chrome them, box them and deliver to Show-Cars warehouse. LOL, I'd love to visit Show-Cars and watch them punch out, chrome and box up my valve covers before I take them home. That would be a blast to do!

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I thought maybe they were used when you first asked how to straighten. I would have left them alone and sent them a picture as you posted on the table. I would have thought they would have taken care of the matter.
Don, I sent them pictures exactly like I took them and they are adamant it’s shipping damage. Wouldn’t do anything for me. No good to send them back because they say it’s not their issue.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
It's even harder to believe someone would sell something like that new, but I'm not surprised considering my experience with them

I wonder if they were on a plane in cargo at -45 degrees if that’s what caused it? Cold would shrink the metal and it’s that cold at 30,000 feet.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I don't believe that was due to shipping, if they would have been damaged from shipping it would be some kind of denting. That twisting in my opinion is due to a malfunction in there stamping process. It is an ART for a tool and die maker to make dies that work.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My money is someone before shipping had a large group of them fall from up high and get damaged. They pulled them out of the boxes and just repackaged them and play stupid because its their fault to begin with. How many people this happened to will never be known and no one takes the blame.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You receiving "bad" parts is their problem, Only shiftless cons deny responsibility for crap. Even if it were shipping damage, and it's not, it's still their responsibility to fix it. I bought from them ONCE about 18 years ago and got shxt, never again

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don't believe that was due to shipping, if they would have been damaged from shipping it would be some kind of denting. That twisting in my opinion is due to a malfunction in there stamping process. It is an ART for a tool and die maker to make dies that work.
That’s what I told them. No dents scratches just twisted really bad. Didn’t make a difference. The right answer from them should have been “we will expedite a new set to you”. Instead they passed the buck. Once burnt twice shy. I’ll source what I can elseware.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That’s what I told them. No dents scratches just twisted really bad. Didn’t make a difference. The right answer from them should have been “we will expedite a new set to you”. Instead they passed the buck. Once burnt twice shy. I’ll source what I can elseware.
If you used a credit card or PayPal you do have recourse.

Reactions: Tim