Twisted Valve covers

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My statement above: "LOL! They claim to make them? You mean they pay an asian company to stamp them, chrome them, box them and deliver to Show-Cars warehouse. LOL, I'd love to visit Show-Cars and watch them punch out, chrome and box up my valve covers before I take them home. That would be a blast to do!"
I purchased a set of your valve covers (#6755 as hand written on the side of the box and not in my hand writting.) and they were in fact made in Taiwan. I have the box they came in along with the packing material that came with them which is clearly marked Made in Taiwan. (Full discloser they were purchased 3 or 4 years ago.) Your statement: "Any one who suggests that they are stamped in China, chrome plated, thrown in a box and shipped to us so we can slap a shipping label on them is naive." I'll let you explain further because I don't feel naive but maybe I'm missing something as you claim: "All assembled one set at a time in our fabricating shop."
Do you in fact assemble ALL one set at a time in your shop now because when I ordered valve covers from you they weren't made in the U.S. .
View attachment 86377View attachment 86378View attachment 86379View attachment 86380

The midgets at the post office must have stuck those labels on there, little rascals

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My statement above: "LOL! They claim to make them? You mean they pay an asian company to stamp them, chrome them, box them and deliver to Show-Cars warehouse. LOL, I'd love to visit Show-Cars and watch them punch out, chrome and box up my valve covers before I take them home. That would be a blast to do!"
I purchased a set of your valve covers (#6755 as hand written on the side of the box and not in my hand writting.) and they were in fact made in Taiwan. I have the box they came in along with the packing material that came with them which is clearly marked Made in Taiwan. (Full discloser they were purchased 3 or 4 years ago.) Your statement: "Any one who suggests that they are stamped in China, chrome plated, thrown in a box and shipped to us so we can slap a shipping label on them is naive." I'll let you explain further because I don't feel naive but maybe I'm missing something as you claim: "All assembled one set at a time in our fabricating shop."
Do you in fact assemble ALL one set at a time in your shop now because when I ordered valve covers from you they weren't made in the U.S. .
View attachment 86377View attachment 86378View attachment 86379View attachment 86380

You got the non twisted good ones from China

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Could the paper be from something else? I would think the sticker has to be on the cover for any customs stuff
You wouldn't place individual stickers on individual pieces of packing material nor would you place them on shinny new chrome parts because it could create a blemish. Either way, my personal experience is made in Taiwan. The fact is my box didn't even get a sticker slapped on it. Someone used a sharpie to list the item number. Here a few years ago I worked for another large automotive parts company in Iowa as their marketing/media manager and the first 30 days of any employee is working in shipping parts out and I sharpied hundreds of boxes for them. Care to guess where most parts come from? Its not the U.S. . I had to walk away from that job because I also discovered some other not so great issues within the company working in the office.
All indications are that Show-Cars is doing everything they can and going above and beyond to not just sell parts but also create them. Look at their 5 axis CNC they picked up back in 2018 and it gives me chills just thinking of the fun I could have with that. Clearly the Ridler Award was given to a very deserving group. (I'm still not sure I like the tail lights) I don't need to remind anyone that I'm currently rocking a fun old 64' chevy wagon.
As I shared before, my valve covers were bought in the past. Certainly there is additional information needed From Bruce to ensure that when someone makes a claim for their company that it in fact is a current and true statement in light of my specific experience otherwise from the not so distant past.
Context is important because if my past experience isn't applicable to current conditions everyone should be made aware. Not only is it a selling point but its wisdom not naive.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I’ve ordered many times from Show Cars, I’ve had them tell me before shipping a product that the quality is questionable and it’s the best they can find but they won’t accept a return. Which is fair.

In looking for Chevy x frame parts for my cars over the years, I go to them first. I also frequently recommend them to others

I’ve had one bad experience with a set of 3/8 fuel line I received damaged, the longest of the 3 pieces was collapsed at a bend. There was no damage showing on the box but after looking closely at it, I could see that it was packed by sleeving one length of box over the other to make the 2 box lengths long enough for the longest piece. At some point during shipping, the box got shortened/the 2 pieces got pushed together and the bend in the fuel line happened. The damage in my opinion was caused by the freight company but I felt the packaging by show cars was weak- there was only one thin piece of see through tape over the joint where the 2 pieces of box came together. That tape was inadequate and it would have taken very little pressure to cause the tape to fail. I spoke with Bruce, he was reluctant to ship another set of fuel line to me but agreed to refund me the cost of the fuel line, excluding shipping. I was fine with that. I’ve ordered 3 sets of this line over the years for my vehicles, this was the only time I had a problem.

Shipping from the US to Canada can be expensive and slow, unless you are dealing with high volume shippers like Rockauto or Amazon. Therefore, fixing quality issues is expensive and time consuming.

Buying from Show Cars has been mostly a good experience and most times the quality is more reliable than say buying from eBay or even many other old car vendors, and some large box stores such as Jegs etc.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have all ordered parts from every parts company out there and we have all experienced the Friday afternoon rush to go home quality in packing.