Up all night watching the fire...

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
we all just rent our homes. that is why we pay property taxes. i would not have a place that was on fire before
and the basement savers spraying water everywhere. all kinds of mold ya do not see. jmho jim

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hope your government Agency you live in will condemn and require the the building’s owner to Tear it down.
I’ve been living near the city of Detroit all my life and have seen what a burned out structure looks like if not taken down.
It stops the motivation of other in the neighborhood to keep home live able.
Michigan hasn’t the Energy resources under its feet, but does have the best water anywhere and keeps planning to keep it that way.
But in 1960’s the state did rule that the surface owner has the rights of ownership under his feet after 20yrs, if no one has taken out a drilling permit and used it in the set time frame.
I’m not sure if the same holds true on the air rights above the same property as I know someone tried to build a higher Garage like structure Then the homes around have and the permit was rejected.
Dave

bobs409

Administrator
Well I had the pleasure of watching that shithole house getting torn down over the past 3 days. Not sure why they left some of the green fence but once I'm sure these people are gone for good, that will be coming down! A small pile of items by the front fence that the previous owner is coming back for.

As I mentioned earlier, we only rent the ground in this area from the coal company, they won't sell it. From what I heard, they were on the neighbors ass about getting that house down, probably before their ground lease ran out. After a few halfassed attempts by the owners to tear it down themselves, they finally gave up and hired a company to do it. They brought in some heavy equipment and had it all done in 3 days.

Hopefully nobody will be able to lease the land and put another house or heaven forbid a trailer or something in there. It's too damn close to my house for comfort. I don't think the coal company wants anybody else near this big coal bank so odds are I'll finally have peace! It sure would be nice to see a 40 x 60 pole building there for my cars though! :D (just dreaming...)

DSCN2840.jpg

here's looking over the rear fence in the back corner:

DSCN2833.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Not sure what they would charge for that section or if they even would lease it. I know when I built my 2.5 car garage, I rented a section that goes from the road back to the coal bank and 28' from our existing garage we have. It was only an additional $100 per year. Not sure what they old man is paying for the part the house is on. Probably a few hundred?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Fire is Scary shit Bob. 5 years ago, a house 3 doors from us caught fire. Rumors say, they were cooking Meth.:eek3 The people made it out, their pets, did not. :cry14026557_G  Vly Road Fire June 2014.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not sure what they would charge for that section or if they even would lease it. I know when I built my 2.5 car garage, I rented a section that goes from the road back to the coal bank and 28' from our existing garage we have. It was only an additional $100 per yearBib.. Not sure what they old man is paying for the part the house is on. Probably a few hundred?

I'd be asking before someone else does Bob.