UPDATE-2019 West Coast 348-409 Reunion **CANCELLED**

Hoyt99

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good morning everyone, I did business in Eureka for decades and it is a wonderful community. My friend is the Chevrolet Hyundai Dealer there. Hours of no cell service on the way up 101. Lots of peace and quiet. Absolutely beautiful! drive. And the Big Chief Drive In burger in Laytoville (the kind you have even if you are not hungry because they are so good).

I am new to the 348-409 community, how can I learn about this event? I can probably get my 63 409 back together in time....unless something doesn’t go as planned, which never happens, right?

Chip

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Hi Chip, you are right about Eureka and the surrounding area. Our reunion event is very relaxed and laid back. We usually show up at the track on Friday and there is a local car show there at the track that anyone can participate in. We have members that show there car and don't race and others that race and show. Racing takes place on Saturday and again on Sunday. We run in our own class. A lot of us stay at the track in our RVs while others stay in motels in Eureka. After the racing on Sunday some leave for home other stay and depart on Monday. You can visit the dragstrips website for some more information about rules, maps and other info, Samoa Dragstrip . You can message me for more info.

Paul

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
As a matter of fact I do. We will be holding two 348-409 races at this event. We will race Saturday and then again on Sunday. If we get enough people I would like to have two classes for our races, street cars and race cars. Kind of like a Hot Rod 1 and Hot Rod 2. What does everyone think about this idea.
Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Sounds good to me. I am looking forward to it except for the trip there(terrible roads). Engine is being put back in as I am writing this note. Hopefully be completed by this weekend. Now I have to find somewhere for T&T. Local drag strip closed last year. Looks as if the closest place is a 1/8 mile strip about 2 hours away. Getting excited to get racing again, last year did not end good.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Got my hotel reservations today Paul wasn't sure as of late if we could make it I had back surgery that back fired a second to fix the first was the same as the first but finally coming around. getting old is not for the weak or timid and healing up sure takes a lot longer now a days :confused:confused:confused

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
Where do those valve covers come from???IMG-20190706-WA0071.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20190706-WA0066.jpeg
    IMG-20190706-WA0066.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20190706-WA0062.jpeg
    IMG-20190706-WA0062.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 13