Update on BA 409

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Going for some more 1320 dyno runs. :burnout

Weather sounds cold, could be big fun.
The engine has showed signs of running a tad on the rich side, the cooler air could make me to fast and need a role bar.
The cooler weather will be a big help with the corked up radiator.
Just thinking about these old parts, makes me marvel in just the thought of making some inanimate parts sound so good and offer up so much enjoyment. :crazy
Loaded for Bear. :drive
20180926_184328.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
It seems weird to state that I'm in "rehab" but it's going well. No pain, PT is getting easier. Another 3-4 weeks and I should be back to "normal"".

I'm envious that James is heading North with our buddies, they are going to have fun with the BA409 car given the cooler weather.

We'll have some decisions to make this Winter, what to do with the BA409 car and it's new driveline, that sort of thing. I do have a solid 1961 Biscayne body that would be a good candidate to cut and weld on with a roll bar and tubbed rear. Gotta get with James to see what direction we might go in. I'm trying to keep the BA409 body somewhat together, not sure why...

Here's the 61 Biscayne candidate:

IMG_0234.JPG
Plus it's already been cut up:
IMG_0238.JPG

Cheers!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Awesome James, that great, here come the 10's:D
Gav
It seems weird to state that I'm in "rehab" but it's going well. No pain, PT is getting easier. Another 3-4 weeks and I should be back to "normal"".

I'm envious that James is heading North with our buddies, they are going to have fun with the BA409 car given the cooler weather.

We'll have some decisions to make this Winter, what to do with the BA409 car and it's new driveline, that sort of thing. I do have a solid 1961 Biscayne body that would be a good candidate to cut and weld on with a roll bar and tubbed rear. Gotta get with James to see what direction we might go in. I'm trying to keep the BA409 body somewhat together, not sure why...

Here's the 61 Biscayne candidate:

View attachment 64726
Plus it's already been cut up:
View attachment 64727

Cheers!
That's a great start right there Tom for 10's

Gav

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That's right Mearl, the weekend of October 14th. James is going for sure, not sure of my status for travel right now. If it were Halloween I would be ready.

Kevin, you are correct, she's a very solid body that '61. Front fenders are either from an Impala of someone stuck the chrome spears on it. No bondo, we thought possibly original paint, very solid. Perfect car to cut on, as it's already been butchered. We'll redo that back half that's been narrowed and use a Pontiac rear like the BA409 car. The '61 would be a better "lightweight" car to be run possibly in 2019?