Update on BA 409

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I think we will be fine now. Just need to bend and beat it into submission. :brow
I had a crazy idea that I should use the welder I scored at the Meltdown Drags to do the repairs on the car, it almost seems fitting. :dunno2
We can do a build :weld series with videos to share with the MDA crew, what do you think? :)

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
So I went and visited the car the other day and and got the new air over hydraulic pump hooked up to the tubing bender. :good
I wanted to make some outrigger leveling legs for the stand that holds the bender to make it easier to mateine level with the tubing during the bending proses.
Went through may scrap and came up with this idea.
20220321_194142.jpg

20220321_195637.jpg
Think I would like to make them fold up :think
Next will be get some shielding gas and wire for the welder at the shop where the car is.
Slow but sure wins the race. :laugh2

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not sure an ass kickin is necessary. With so much on my plate it just gets to a point that I need to take a bite before it rots.
There are plans to pick up a big parts load that may have some nicer quarters to install.
I'm going to have to dig deep and put on my blinders to see it through, Lord knows it needs to be done.