Update on BA 409

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Update, Tom says we can get some quarter panels to fix the rust and upgrade for a safe race car. :good
So I need to find some quarter panels, if anyone knows of a good deal please feel free to let me know.
I have done some shopping online trying to find the best deal, now this won't be a show car so fit wont have to be perfect.
Thanks.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The 62 quarter panel repair skins are not a great fit but are just a little cheaper than full quarters. The full quarters that Dynacorn produces are very nice. And the outer wheel houses look good also.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Tom has 2 original “full“ 1/4 panels from me. I understood that he wanted the inner wheel wells off them for his convertible.
the full 62 original 1/4 panels are for sale. They are not perfect but very usable in my opinion, they should be used on a 62 that needs all the original metal above the wheel wells.
Paul

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Tom didn't say he had quarters :scratch
Not sure this car has to have original sheet metal. Just a race car.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back in the 60’s, a neighbor bought an orange 55 Chevy from a dealer in Toronto, he brought it home and decided to paint it. Body shop started sanding the back door and went right through it. It had a skin of something on the outside supported by newspaper inside. Maybe try that for quarters, nice and light too.

The dealers also filled transmissions and rearends with sawdust and in the 50’s cut new treads in bald tires but you may not want to go there until you are ready to sell the 62?

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don that reminds me of a friend that used to do all sorts of wierd stuff to cover rust or cancer on cars he would fix. One car he put duct tape over where the rockers used to be then sprayed it with bed liner and then painted over it. Looking at it you would never have known that he did something that shoddy.