Update on our 1962 Impala

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
I can't find the original thread on this car from 2009-10 - but we've been working on improving the car over the years. We just completed an engine replacement over the winter with a date code correct 068 block bought from a member here. I thought I'd share some photos of our progress. As part of the engine project we fixed many things under the hood including heater/radiator hoses, hood hinge color, correct fan (still need to install), and numerous fasteners along with a complete rebuild of the T-10 (date code correct also). We finished things up this past Sunday and took the car for a few shakedown runs and then cleaned it up to take some updated photos down by the lake. The car is a real Nassau Blue 409/409 purchased brand new by my father's cousin from Brigance Chevrolet in Chicago. The original thread went through the history of the car and many of the colorful stories over the years. The car was originally a standard Impala and during someone else's intermediate ownership and restoration it was converted to an SS.m_DSC_0017.jpgm_DSC_0035.jpgm_DSC_0018.jpgm_DSC_0005.jpgm_DSC_0006.jpgm_DSC_0009.jpgm_DSC_0010.jpgm_DSC_0027.jpgm_DSC_0023.jpgm_DSC_0007.jpg