Vacuum advance on a 409/425

Jayz63

Well Known Member
Hello I searched this site and couldn’t find a picture of where to hook up the vacuum advance on my engine. I have the original carter AFB’s and can’t find a place to hook up the line. On the rear carb I have the vacuum line for the power brakes and the front carb rear has a plug in it. I wasn’t sure if I need to hook up the vacuum advance to the rear of the front carb. Thanks.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I looked for a picture of the stock 63 Afb without success. It would help if you would post pictures. I can say this with confidence. Your vacuum to the advance need to be hooked to manifold vacuum. That is any port under the throttle valves. If you can find a hollow carb stud you can pic up the vacuum there. I think Show cars sells the hollow carb stud.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think someone else ask about this awhile back and the factory hooked it to the back side of the front carb with a elbow fitting that's the way I have mine. The hollow carb stud will work just as good if you are not worried about being factory correct.

Jayz63

Well Known Member
It might go behind the rear carb here is a image off of show cars.

Attachments

• B25F3F9F-821E-4750-8ADF-6FA44B99C804.jpeg
    B25F3F9F-821E-4750-8ADF-6FA44B99C804.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 43

Jayz63

Well Known Member
Okay nice do you have power brakes and if so are they hooked up to the rear carb? 4speedman

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No I do not have power brakes and that is not the fitting you need for the front carb