Valley Cover

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Anyone have a link to Hilborn valley pans? I did a search and found nothing but cast pieces with stack bases molded in.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
This is the injector they show for a 409, but this could just be a stock photo. :dunno2
396C8T-1.jpg
This shows a separate valley cover. Guess a phone call is in order.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hate to go too far off topic but those velocity stacks, have a newbie question. Do velocity stacks let in more dust and score walls faster? I love the look especially in a rig without a hood!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you are running stacks, you aren't thinking ware. Clean air is created from big air cleaners. Stacks are not really a street intake style. Race only is my opinion.

427John

Well Known Member
There are plenty of people over the years that have fabricated or adapted air cleaners to IR injection stacks whether they be individual filters for each tube or filters for each bank of 4 or 1 big one that covered the tops of all 8,but I agree with superstocker it is a full race setup and filters will cause restriction and require recalibration to account for it and that is easier said than done. Unless you follow the current trend and convert the the old school system to EFI,which from what I've heard makes it a much more streetable setup.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Are you even allowed fuel injection in the SS class or classes under SEGA rules? I wish I could find a copy of the rules.I'm old enough to remember 1966.I graduated HS that year and had been racing going into 3 years.