Valve cover

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
While cleaning up the valve covers I noticed these wear marks, why do you suppose the rockets we’re rubbing?

Attachments

• FBE3F0FC-207A-42EC-A7F7-4703C6355AEA.jpeg
    FBE3F0FC-207A-42EC-A7F7-4703C6355AEA.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 88

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don, I think low HP 63's, the 250hp, and not sure about the 300, had the same stamped steel covers as the full size had.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Isn't that terrible, I can't remember. Story on my Vette is it was a fuelie engine . No fuel injection when I got it of course. Had an aluminum intake and a four barrel carb. Midnight blue with white interior. It was a convertible. Had a fiberglass top that I never picked up. It was in the sellers mothers garage. Wonder how much that would be worth today? Doesn't matter, I totaled the Vette. The only picture I have is the newspaper clipping. Can you tell it's a 64 Vette? You will notice that the driver side headlight assembly is missing, about 10 years later one of my friends was brush hogging and found the missing assembly still intact bulbs and all. The headlights were over 200' from the impact site.IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0409.JPG

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Not more than a quarter mile from that crash site I rolled over my fathers 62 Corvair. I got's pictures , news paper clippings again, of that too!