vent window weatherstrip on 58 impala

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I'm looking to buy this weather strip. Also a couple pics on my project Thanks vinView attachment 44299View attachment 44300View attachment 44301
Looks Great VIN I am using soffseal weatherstrips on my car. Did you rechrome or just polid the vent window frame? Also did you replace the bottom half of the window run channel? I am a little nervous about trying to find replacement rivets if I take them off, but have to in order to rechrome the frames.

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Thanks a lot guys for the replies. As far as the vent frame goes I sent my cores to autocity classics and they rechromed and replaced the glass and seals for about $300 a unit. You were able to get that seal I have pictured because I haven't been able to find one and I didn't see one in a kit.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Vin,

My parts book shows original part number 4237004 & 4237005 Front Door Ventilator Weatherstrip. I tried looking through my soffseal book and steel rubber products and didn't find them. Not SURE if this is what you need but www.truckandcarshop.com item number 58-03605 it says windshield pillar post weatherstrip.

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Chris mystery solved. First I didn't disassemble the doors so I wasn't sure what I was looking at. A helper at the body shop put on the new seals and didn't question why they were so long. So I'm looking at the seal and realized they sent sedan seals not H.T. So I called where I bought them and they are shipping the right ones. Thanks for your help and that catalog looked pretty good Thanks Vin

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Vin

I couldn't remember if the door weatherstrip wrapped all the way up there or not. So then the piece I sent you must go on the A pillar. I looked through a bunch of pictures but none I had were of the right area of the door. Glad you got it figured out. There are a few good videos on you tube that go over how to install glue on weatherstrips. it is surprising how LITTLE adhesive they show you to use.