Verne Frantz

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
From NJ Late Great Chevy, It is with a heavy heart for me to tell you, our dear friend, club member and founder of Jersey Late Greats, Verne Frantz has passed. He will be greatly missed. Verne had a strong passion for his hobby and the Late Great Chevrolets 1958 - 1964.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Enjoyed sitting in on Vernes seminars at the Late Great Chevy conventions through the years. So much knowledge of our cars will now be lost. Verne will be missed by everyone who had the opportunity to be in his company... God Bless,,

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I started reading super Chevy magazine at the age of 15 or 16, my first car was a 63 at the age of 16...... I was in love with the early 60s Chevy’s from the onset......... I called for a membership into the late great Chevy‘s...... if you did any digging whatsoever into these wonderful cars, looking for information.... on every site that I’ve ever gone to ...........Vern’s name was everywhere .........As an authority and the go to .....for any missing information....... I think it’s amazing that he was so focused....... that he had to absorb all of the information that he could look at, or analyze to be that focused to be that good at what you do ....... I am envious of that kind of passion ....... condolences and prayers go out to Verns family and friends, I’m sorry for their loss.......... Godspeed.......... Rest In Peace.........:pray:salute

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Yes, he was a dear friend, years ago when my wife died Verne showed up at my front door and said, " I'm here until you tell me to go home" and he stayed with me for several days. That's the kind of guy he was, always thinking more about his friends than himself. It's a shame, my condolences to his wife Janet. The only good thoughts here are that Verne is now reunited with his son who they lost many years ago and Verne never fully recovered from . God bless you Verne until we meet again.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Oh No.Our community has lost a irreplaceable member.I spoke with Verne many times about my convertible.He was always quick to respond on what was right and how it came out of the factory.Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends to help them get thru this.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I was talking with Verne during the last few months on e-mail and on 2 forums almost every week.
Hard for me to know he is not there....
I actually have a pair of his original 62 Chevy hood hinges and springs that I am zinc plating and restored the hood springs(already painted black). To Send them back to him. I think they are off or for his 62 Impala SS Nassau blue 409 Hardtop. His hinges did not need new rivets might have been NOS.
Do you guys know who I can send the hinges to for the car(address them to..). I will not have them ready for a few weeks have to pick them
up from the Zinc plater. I am sending them at my cost no charge.

Paul Stensland