Vietnam Wall Memorial

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
My neighbor sent this to me and thought I’d share it here.

This is really sobering. First click on a state When it opens, scroll down to the city where you went to high school and look at the names. Click on the name and it will give details of the person's death, a picture or at least their bio and medals.

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Fuzz

MAGA

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I had two on that list I went to high school with and many more in my surrounding area and entire state. What's more is many returned from nam and got sick later and died young that were some of my friends .I think about the guy s I knew how their life was very short. It saddens me thinking about all that lost their lives.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Interesting to see how many died from friendly fire and drowned.

Fuzz

MAGA

Lots of strange stuff happened. I was in country maybe 2 months, some young jack azz was getting ready to go home, He had a DEROS party, got drunk and died after he passed out and choked on his vomit. I have to admit I never liked this kid and I had no remorse for his death.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
They used to use Agent Orange on the fire breaks on the front range of the San Gabriel Mountains above LA. We used to hike there frequently, some of the trails even followed and crossed the firebreaks at times. They quit that practice in the early '70's, now they are all grown in. Now, if they need a firebreak, they use dozers and hand crews.