Vintage ISKY rev kit plate

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
that sounds like a good idea, why don't most 409 folks use them...more parts to fail?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Modern cam and valve spring advances have made them pretty much obsolete .They have been beneficial in hyd.roller applications but more and more the thinking seems to be that for up to 62-6300 repetedly,with very careful parts selection the hyd.roller is fine.If you're going for more rpm than that replace the hyd. parts with lighter mechanical roller lifters on the same cam.You'd also have the benefits of using very tight valve lash settings.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Any idea of what the springs look like and what sort of tension. When I bought my FH code 348 11 or 12 years ago it came all machined, but also with it came an Isky cam (RR 360), roller lifters and a pair of these plates. I can't remember any springs coming with the plate.

Now a dumb question, what is the real difference between a Hydraulic roller and a solid roller cam,

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The major difference is the weight.The mechanical stuff is lighter and doesn't have the cushion or spring effect that the hyd.stuff does.As to the rev kit stuff,the springs were small and light,usually seated with a seat pressure in the 50-75 pound range.The seated on a "button"as the cam people that sits on top of the roller lifter and acts as a spring seat for the spring.There are new parts availeable if you really want to go there.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We ran one with a 505C isky and ran 110 seat pressure spring. Engine saw 7000 often. That was in the sample block. Can’t get the photo to load of the system mounted. Look up thread called confused about date codes and size. Picture of it there.

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
They came out when the tough was to keep a solid roller lifter in contact with the cam lobe at high RPM. It can be used to spread the load on the valve train but there are more parts that can fail in the mix and hard to keep an eye on. Modern parts have made them obsolete for the most part.