Vintage Speed 3x2 bases, beware

alshotride

Supporting Member 1
A while back I ordered two new cast aluminium Rochester end bases from V.I. for my 3x2 setup.
I mounted the bases and found one was not sealing properly which kept the 348 from idling properly. I emailed V.I. and told them and they said return it. I did and now they will not return a replacement of fix the one I returned and tell me they don't want to do business with me. I have done everything but beg them to return the one I sent back but they refuese. This isn't worth the hasel of a court thing but I wanted to let as many know as possiable that beware of any transactions with Vintage Speed. They will not stand behind ther product. :cuss

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Vintage Speed

Thanks for the heads up... I was just lookin at those very bases on line.... Vintage Speed in the past has been a very good company to work with, Years ago I bought a 6 deuce set up for a small block, it was excellent, Back then it was owned by Charlie Price , but I believe it may have changed hands expecially if you were treated that way.. once again thanks for the heads up....parts are expensive enough without gettin ripped off....

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey guys i was in Vero Beach in April visiting family and went over to vintage speed and had a tour with Charlie Price. Heres what you need to know......it is a small shop with one outside man doing the nasty work and one retired Bell engineer building systems with Charlie. He has an immense inventory and is very busy and complained about not being able to get any good help. When I was there he had a huge amount of orders being worked on. It seemed beyond my comprehension how they could get it all done. I went over out of curiousity since there have been some negative comments on here and I wanted to see for myself what his place was all about. I can't excuse his actions to Al and I don't defend him either. I think he is a small shop whichhas hit it big andis having trouble keeping up. So go with caution on purchases and have a good understanding on warranties. For what it is worth............... :)

alshotride

Supporting Member 1
It is indeed Charley Price that I have dealt with personally. As far as I can tell he is swamped with orders and can not keep up. He has told me he would like to hire help but in slow times he has problems finding them work. His work load is no excuse for his anger problem and lack of customer care.
I have looked at the base on the site suggested but it is a converted 2G base and does not look like a small base either. Not much info. Price is good at 35.00 but I believe it is for Pontiac use.
Tripower has directed me to Speedway parts in Nebraska and they have a two carb kit that uses Vintage Speed bases . They don't have bases by themselves so I would have to buy a complete 2 carb kit to get one base. I could do that and resell one but they are out of the bases so I am still out of luck.
I could get someone to order one for me from VI but I hate to give the old codger the business
Al