Virginia Beach Air museum car show

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
IMG_7320.JPG IMG_7307.JPG IMG_7309.JPG
Robert, good to hear the 09 was well liked. Love that PBY. :clap

Shan yes the "09" was liked by the spectators but when it comes to the judges I was whopped in Virginia again! The first Virginia event this year was by a 1903 Cadillac and this time by a 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix although in addition to my class(36B) I was awarded best appearing Chevrolet. Oh, you might know the Grand Prix owner, Tommy Nolen.
I did walk back under the PBY but being in the building it didn't photograph well. Seemed really nice to me as well as one of those Carrier planes but I for got what model it was as they have so many down there.
I am glad we will be at different classes again at Hershey as I'm bringing the 61 SS and Tommy is bringing his 61 Ventura! (Both heavy hitters!)
Robert
IMG_7320.JPG IMG_7307.JPG IMG_7309.JPG

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Great looking Pontiac!!!
Pat I know you appreciate fine cars even Pontiacs but I thought I would "borrow " someone's photos of Tommy's Pontiac at Virginia Beach. I hope you can see the details of this car and hope that the person who took these doesn't mind. The 61 Ventura is of the same level so Hershey will be interesting. I know it is a trip to there for you but Bob is next door so maybe we will see him. Oh the show entrance for spectators is free Bob's kind of deal!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149936083@N07/sets/72157689562868265/
Robert
Pat if you look closely of one of the exterior views the person took you can see my red 62 alongside the grass runway! Yippee

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Robert, great car, yeh the 62 Chebby also :)

It's always fun to look at the detail of a restoration.

What always intrigued me was how GM had so many different performance cars and back then and no division would share info with each other.
I remember attending a Lonestar Goodguys car show where I parked my aluminum front end 62 409 beside a 62 SD aluminum front end Pontiac. His aluminum inner fenders looked clean and crisp as if they were stamped yesterday and mine looked like they were wadded up and then Chevy attempted to straighten them with a hammer.

Unbelievable!!