Walt Austin’s Willys Coupe

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Walt Austin’s aluminum Willys coupe at Jim Hume's shop south of Bellingham Washington. Notice the finish on the fenders!!!!:deal

Walt Austins Willys 1.jpgWalt Austins Willys 2.jpgWalt Austins Willys 3.jpgWalt Austins Willys 4.jpg

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Nice Flames ! seen a Harley painted like that .Flames were raw metal and the paint went around the outside of them .
very nice car :cheers

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Are those flames just polished and the area around them a burnished finish or brushed finished.
Way cool car
Who built the body??
Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim Hume is also building the body for the 550mph laker to be driven by Les Davenport.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Off topic Dan, but are the Austins racing any longer? IIRC it was Bucky that had an awful incident in his alky funny car that gave me chills just reading it. I'll see if I can find and post it.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Off topic Dan, but are the Austins racing any longer? IIRC it was Bucky that had an awful incident in his alky funny car that gave me chills just reading it. I'll see if I can find and post it.
Bucky is still racing. A guy I know works on the pit crew. We saw him at the Nostalgia Drags in Bremerton Washington in August. He bought the old Cadillac dealership in Tacoma Washington and turned it into a drag racing museum. He had a crew that was restoring old race cars/dragsters at the same location, my neighbor was part of that crew, but with the economy that has pretty much come to a halt I think.