Wanna have some fun!

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Go to this ad and ask for info:crazy:tongue

This person is obviously scamming. I reached out to “her”. She said husband had died wanted to sell the 64 409/425 convertible for $18,000!
Soooo, I decided to play along. She informed me she had turned it over to a shipping company for safekeeping. She told me she was in a twin outside of Indianapolis. I played along some more, said, oh I’m going to be there this weekend for a visit and can look at the car.
“She” emailed me the car had already been sealed and could not be opened!

I sent her a good luck with the scam note.
If you are having a beer and want to jump in, start asking questions, LOL LOL.
I wonder whose car it really is?
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/atq/d/oklahoma-city-clean-chevrolet-impala-ss/7019548755.html

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That sounds familiar, even the name. I recently responded to a CL ad for a two year old well appointed golf cart for $1200. I think it might have been out of KC? Anyway, I got an Email back about her husband passing, blah blah (the sympathy card), she was just letting it go, blah blah. Something about her not being their to show it, blah blah. Then I Googled her Email address and found it to be a common scam. I got a few more Emails of "her" following up and I did respond once saying "nice try". Clearly a scam, but I can see how some might initially fall for it.

BTW, I'm selling my SWC for $15K, just send me a bundle of cash and I'll show you some pictures :).

Cheers! TomK