MA Wanted Right Lower Control Arm for a 1962

Junky

Well Known Member
Looking for a lower right control arm, close to New England as possible. Today, I fought with changing the bushings on the left, and I am not certain that I didn't bend the ears of that control arm. Only time will tell if I have to do it over with a replacement. Once I get another right side, I am going to have either a friend or the local machine shop press the bushings in. I had a horrible time getting them in on the left side, and I have my fingers cross that the arm isn't bent. Probably should also look for one for the left side also.. just in case. If the ears are bent a little, will that through the alignment off?

Junky

Well Known Member
It happened when pressing in the bushings. The bushings cocked, and we had to give them a rap with the hammer to get them realigned. Once everything was pressed tight, the center shaft turned smoothly, so I have to assume that all is well. On my upper, I had to replace it because whomever installed the bushings in that one, they bent the ear of the arm so severely, that you could see the bend with your eye. It also took out the bushing, so it squeaked horribly. My lower left was so worn that it was moving every time that you stepped on the brake.