Wanted: Someone to appraise '61 Impala in LA

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom Nolen........ How about giving the knee a rest and visiting Disney and Knotts Berry Farm while doing the appraisal:roll
robert

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Did gregwhite find someone to look at the '61 ????? Just thought I'd ask to keep the post alive.

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I know someone in Long Beach who is a Corvette guru and knows metal body work but is clueless on 61's. He is 60 but was always a Corvette person and didn't change to us:roll
robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I just saw this post......The problem is, there's about zero chance of finding an appraiser who would be able to determine if a '61 Chevrolet was a factory built Super Sport and there is a vast difference in value between the Impala and the SS.
Wish I could help but I'm on one side of the country and the car is on the other.

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
Tommy:

The owner of the car museum in Mount Dora, Fl has put his '61 SS conv. up for sale. I believe you and I have actually seen the car. He is accepting offers starting at $106,00. I looked at the car a few weeks ago. it appears to be genuine but I'm not qualified to make that judgement.

http://www.classicdreamcars.com

Rick

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Richard,
Yes, I did look at that car several years ago. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as being incorrect but he had the car behind ropes and I couldn't see the things that I needed to see. In my opinion, if the car can be proved to be "real", 106K is a reasonable price. That's a 340 horse car....isn't it?

The dealer in Ohio that had the blue 409 convertible sold that car, he was asking 1/4 M, claims to have sold it for a lttle under 200K.

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
If your still looking for a collector car appraiser I just ran across one in my business card pile at the shop earlier this week. I will try to remember to put it in my pocket tomorrow when I'm at the shop so I can post the info tomorrow night for you.

gregwhite

hey dave thanks for the tip.Got onto jeff & howard both great guys,howard checked out car,not a real SS but has a 63 409 4speed posirear.Im negotiating with owner,I offered 35K he said hed take 38k,readers opinions appreciated, thanks heaps GREG.

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My opinion, moneys tight right now, not much moving, but 35, 38, just numbers if this is what you really want. If this is an investment play the waiting game, if this is the car of your dreams snap it up, whats an extra three grand, jmho.