Was a hypothetical engine build.......................now a reality!!

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When you consider the Eddy head, not bad hey Dan:goodCarl has put alot of thought into this engine, particularly the cam shaft, a real credit to him. There are full tilt maxed out race engines not making the same power as this streeter. I think the new Z-12 stuff will take us to another planet. If we could go 600 inches I can see N/A 1000+hp a walk in the park:bow

Last edited:

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yeah Don, being a bracket car with a 10.00 second cut off, I'll try and get race weight down to under 3800lb's and start tuning with a 4.1 rear gear and 30" tire. Carl will be talking with Charlie Plott to discuss a converter now that he has some serious numbers to play with. Man, you could short shift this thing at 5500 and still break out:laugh4 Maybe not, but it sure will be fun sorting out.

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looking at the previous pictures you posted those appear like my work. I did not "mark" them (Usually "Smithberg Racing" and the "Year" I did them) like I typically do because Carl is a Engine Builder. I do recall him talking about a big cube hydraulic roller street engine when we spoke at that time so I can assume this is the one. Next time I speak to him I'll verify. I'd like to add the info to my website to show the capabilities of this program. On this program I worked really hard to beef up the mid flow numbers. Its rather tricky to do that as I do some trick stuff after I cut the seats to achieve that. That is really the key to make these perform they way that they do and why I hand blend each set after the CNC cuts them.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure what the Eddy heads flow after Nicks CNC job Bryan, but looking at the glory run chart in post # 217 I'd say approx 330-340 CFM, maybe more:beer

Latest update is that the engine has been in Aus for the last month safe and well, the shipping container was randomly selected by our customs for inspection and the engine was cleared for pickup tomorrow:cigar

Meanwhile, I've been going a few rounds in our national IHRA Super Street championship with the 476, came runner up a couple of weeks ago, equal second in the points with the grand final in a few weeks at the Winter Nationals to decide # 1. The 540 will be going in the car after the Winter Nationals. 2019 Nitro Thunder 2.jpg 2019 Nitro Thunder 1.jpg

Last edited:

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Yeah Don, being a bracket car with a 10.00 second cut off, I'll try and get race weight down to under 3800lb's and start tuning with a 4.1 rear gear and 30" tire. Carl will be talking with Charlie Plott to discuss a converter now that he has some serious numbers to play with. Man, you could short shift this thing at 5500 and still break out:laugh4 Maybe not, but it sure will be fun sorting out.
So a 30" tire fit in these things? I know my old 64 the front of the fender lip hit.

My 455 in the Trans Am had 4.10s and the "short" 29.5 9x30 Hooisers and the rpm was good. 6500 shift points.

Last edited: