WEBER KITS

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cool is cool until it’s not. Just remember you better know how to fix them yourself if something goes bad because no one else will.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ok, ok, I know it’s a Ford!!

But, the key to getting Weber’s correct begins on the workbench.

Make sure the measurement between the brass throttle plate and the side of the Venturi is EXACTLY the same on all the carbs when closed.

So when the carb is at idle the amount of air you are pulling through the small opening is equal on all carbs. If not it is impossible to adjust the difference with any other adjustments.

D7568C7B-1260-4E22-A09B-C0F9A6219C9F.jpeg
B4D4638B-9A89-44EB-8C8B-58B9A70F2402.jpegA6CE9BFA-C355-4733-B9FE-B2C480D471D5.jpegD42C1004-F2A2-4978-B1B8-FDD9C4D23C43.jpeg

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So essentially this is like 2 4 bbls operating all the time? With one bbl feeding each cylinder I would imagine that's pretty good if all are synchronized and function the same throughout the rpm range.
I think they look cool, of course they have the EFI versions but that's too high tech for me.
So far my tune port hasn't acted up again but was thinking if I replaced that with carbs might as well go to something like this-no computers!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok, ok, I know it’s a Ford!!

But, the key to getting Weber’s correct begins on the workbench.

Make sure the measurement between the brass throttle plate and the side of the Venturi is EXACTLY the same on all the carbs when closed.

So when the carb is at idle the amount of air you are pulling through the small opening is equal on all carbs. If not it is impossible to adjust the difference with any other adjustments.

View attachment 70131
View attachment 70128View attachment 70129View attachment 70130

I've often wanted a Pantera. Back in the mid/late 90's I could afford one, they were going for around $20k, now they're way out of reach for me.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
EFI definitely easier only because I’ve never run it:)
I do know what I have, coming off idle you have to “feather” the throttle until you get into the next circuit, then everything is fine. Meaning get off idle, a stumble and then as you pick up rpm everything is great after that!!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Definitely has a cool and WOW affect. But let me ask, is there any big advantages to running this setup in comparison to other forms of carburetion, Carmine.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
These carbs started out on very high end european sports cars for road racing.Unless you're the type who lives and loves to tinker with your carbs,not really.They can be tuned down somewhat for a broader driving style,but are still kinda fussy.They can be tuned for idle,low mid range,high mid range,as well as top end if you know how and access to a bunch of parts.