Well it’s finished

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A great thanks to all from this site, as my 62 is finished, no more changes.
It’s time to drive it without to worrying abou Breaking down.
I have been driven some before down in Bowling Green, but was locally or taken on my trailer to drive around short distances.
Well no more, it’s going to be driven.
Once again thanks to all that have commented to my sometimes stupid questions.
I’ll still hang around and even go to any of the places have races, even though I’m in the show events only.

Dave7DEB550B-D5EC-45CB-BD19-B614DF3E9068.jpeg

Last edited:

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dave Mills, Woodward Ave & 13 mile Rd has a big construction project at that corner. Beaumont hospital purchased everything at the old mall and they said they would open that up, but no way. So the middle section in Royal Oak near what everyone says its the Center, will look different. I haven’t seen that many cars yet, as the big show for the MOPAR Roadkill show Saturday in Pontiac area near the M1 Concourse.
That area should be opened up today. The police haven’t cracked down on parking along Woodward yet, but it’s early.
My 409 can’t handle the heat & moving at a snails pace, so I’ll be parked somewhere on Friday, but not at where I park just north of 12 mile rd. on Saturday. Hope to see you Friday.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think I will make Woodward on Friday also.
My son-in-law is going to be on WTKA not sure were they are going to be.
Paul

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Paul, if you make it text me my cell # 248-761-4668, Brad’s should in about noon or so from Akron.
So the 62 will be rolling I’m sure.

Dave

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I will have to call you. I don't have text...still on old school cell phone.
I may only be able to be there in the morning until about 2 or 3 PM.
My grandson runs cross country at 7 PM Friday at Saline high school -he already a freshman.
I am seeing Dave Mills on Wednesday at his place...
Paul

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looks just as good Dave when you pulled into the reservation tent in 2014!!!!
Congrats!!!!
Phil, thank you, the 62 exterior & interior was finished back in 2014 as you said, but it still had its problems in my mind. Mostly was the brakes, they just didn’t feel right, also the steering has always been difficult for me, with me having being partially paralyzed. So when my son worked all winter and spring on power brakes & steering, the car is a dream to drive to drive now.
As for others on this site, you folks don’t realize just how much info you can find here that saves time & money by just reading.
So I thank you all also that takes the time to write the questions & answers on the post.
As I said on my initial post I’m done but I’ll say around as I do enjoy all of your comments.
Thank for the kind remarks on my finished 62.
Dave

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil, thank you, the 62 exterior & interior was finished back in 2014 as you said, but it still had its problems in my mind. Mostly was the brakes, they just didn’t feel right, also the steering has always been difficult for me, with me having being partially paralyzed. So when my son worked all winter and spring on power brakes & steering, the car is a dream to drive to drive now.
As for others on this site, you folks don’t realize just how much info you can find here that saves time & money by just reading.
So I thank you all also that takes the time to write the questions & answers on the post.
As I said on my initial post I’m done but I’ll say around as I do enjoy all of your comments.
Thank for the kind remarks on my finished 62.
Dave
May i ask what your son did to the steering Dave????? Not that i need to do to my car since i have already mine corrected .

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
May i ask what your son did to the steering Dave????? Not that i need to do to my car since i have already mine corrected .

Don, somewhat long story and don’t think I’m a parts hoarder.
My son at one time had 2-62 full size wagons, both had power steering. The 1st one had a great interior that was a 9-passenger, but after some time he figured the exterior wasn’t worth the effort it.
So after some more looking, he found a workable body with no interiors, that was a 6-pass.
After he gutted the 9-passenger, he also took the steering box & linkage and everything he wanted and it was sent to the promised land.
As a Birthday gift, he gave me everything except the box for power steering. ( my old manual linkage is in my storage).
My son hasn’t looked over the steering linkage on his 2nd wagon yet.
I’m using my old manual box (about 2 1/2 more turns), but I’m fine with that, it was the steering effort that was hard on me, being partially paralyzed from VN, still have movement on both arms, but weak on one, is all.
Whenever or whatever my son decides as to what he needs on his wagon, is the deciding factor as what happens with my old parts in storage.

Dave

Last edited: