WELL..............

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just did a search and Coker agrees with me, 1962. My friends parents bought a new 1962 Impala SS and I thought it had 1" whitewalls.

Well Phil, 1" whitewalls will save you a lot of money compared to the 2-3" versions

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The 61 Impala SS came with narrow whitewalls but I don't believe they were offered on the 61 Vette.....:scratch
Narrow on the 62 Vette is correct......:cool:

Junky

Well Known Member
I believe that the original narrow whitewall tire was 1 1/8" high... Everyone, get out your micrometers and start checking.....

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm going with 1"....like the look!!!!!

Mike....maybe someone else will need the rim number too. WVI-65-5534032 was the number on the receipt.

We have a local tire tire. There was a recent thread with horror story about rims. Going to get all 5 rims....trunk didn't even have a spare....down to the tire store and have them spin the rims to make sure they are true and don't wobble. Then off to the body shop to paint the rims. Will have the Coker tires ready and back to the tire store for mount and balance. Have I got everything taken care of?????

Thanks again to Mike for his wealth of knowledge and with putting up with me!!!!!!