WELL..............

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well.....let's talk about something positive for a change...Candy and I made about a 100 mile trip on Sat. Went to Weston, MO which started as a trading post when people were coming up the MO river. Now it is filled with all kinds of shops and antique stores. The town was packed with solid traffic both ways on main street. We finally found a parking space. Walked into a store that was a non-profit. Saw they had frozen cherry pies so had to buy one!!!!
That day.....Candy & I bonded with the Corvette!!!! It was awesome all day!!! No way this car is leaving me!!!! Candy even said don't sell the Corvette!!!!!! She said "it is now a Heritage piece and should go to one of the grandsons"!!!!!!!! We got 5....how do we choose?????? Got about 5 or 6 pictures taking of the car and Candy driving down main street!!
Having the front end realignment was king to the handling!!!!! Still have a couple of changes. Will see how it goes this winter. The thread on winterizing was very informative!!!
Guess now....I'll have to change my avaitar!!!!!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
She said "it is now a Heritage piece and should go to one of the grandsons"!!!!!!!! We got 5....how do we choose??????
You have 5 grandsons and 1 Vette??? Not a problem, just get 4 more Vettes!:teehee
No, seriously, I am glad you are enjoying it!!!! You have waited a long time for the perfect one.
And thank you for the 2 conventions! Memories we will never forget!!:appl:appl:appl

I see Tom beat me to the suggestion of a Vette for each grandson.

Junky

Well Known Member
That's OK Clint...I still consider you are one of the good guys!!!

What about me, and Wristpin, and a whole lot of others that tried to help you with your tight nuts??? :D Speaking of nuts, put the double nuts back on, and the first grandson that figures out how to remove the wheel and tire, gets the car.... or you could leave it to me, but I am certain that you are going to outlive me... Leave it to wristpin!!!!! ;)

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well.....let's talk about something positive for a change...Candy and I made about a 100 mile trip on Sat. Went to Weston, MO which started as a trading post when people were coming up the MO river. Now it is filled with all kinds of shops and antique stores. The town was packed with solid traffic both ways on main street. We finally found a parking space. Walked into a store that was a non-profit. Saw they had frozen cherry pies so had to buy one!!!!
That day.....Candy & I bonded with the Corvette!!!! It was awesome all day!!! No way this car is leaving me!!!! Candy even said don't sell the Corvette!!!!!! She said "it is now a Heritage piece and should go to one of the grandsons"!!!!!!!! We got 5....how do we choose?????? Got about 5 or 6 pictures taking of the car and Candy driving down main street!!
Having the front end realignment was king to the handling!!!!! Still have a couple of changes. Will see how it goes this winter. The thread on winterizing was very informative!!!
Guess now....I'll have to change my avaitar!!!!!
Phil, you are lucky that you live in an area where non ethanol gas is readily available. I, living in the St Louis area have to take 5gal. jugs beyond all the counties surrounding the St Louis area in order to buy pure gas. For the last 5 years or so I only put pure gas in my Corvette as I keep at least 10 gal around all the time. There is a web site that I frequently use to find stations while out that sell pure gas, it is pure-gas.org and it is very up to date. Make sure before you put your baby to bed for the winter to run all that 10% ethanol crap out and fill it up with pure gas. You and Candy enjoy the rest of this nice weather, its what convertibles were made for! Steve...

Junky

Well Known Member
Around here, the only places that sell non ethanol gas are lawnmower shops and a few marine stores. I checked last week, and it was $80 for 5 gallons prepackaged. I bought a quart for my chain saw, and it was $8 a quart! The 5 gallon containers sell out the same day that they arrive, I was told.