WELL..............

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The Corvette is in the hospital!!!!
I took it in last evening to have the paint buffed and polished. The owner called me this morning and asked me to come in and see the results. So in I went in!!!
He polished part of the hood. I knew the paint had a texture to it when I went up to look at it. Didn't look to be such a big deal. Well.....after seeing what 3500 sandpaper looks like.....it's a completely different look!!!!! No ridges and and high spots!! After I looked it all over......I said go ahead and color sand the whole car!!!!!! Just a bigger step. They said there was plenty of paint on the car to do this.
So one of my all time sayings is coming true.......It shines like a diamond in a goat's a$$!!!!
Pick it up tomorrow evening!!! By the way....the owner has built 4 NCRS Corvettes and 2 Duntov Corvettes!!!! I would really recommend his shop for any work!!!!!
Pictures tomorrow!!!!!
:popPictures:coffee

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Will get around to it tomorrow Steve.
Had a visitor...from the East....driving to KC from the West stop at our house. Maybe he will finally make good on his mortgage on a certain 62 Biscayne!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The owner at the Corvette shop walked around it 3 times when I picked it up yesterday afternoon. The is an experienced professional and he was impressed!!!
I called him this evening after closing time and told him that I appreciated his suggestion to color sand the whole car. He appreciated my compliment.
I like having him as a friend. My nickname is now 3.9 miles when I told him that how I live from his shop!!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The owner at the Corvette shop walked around it 3 times when I picked it up yesterday afternoon. The is an experienced professional and he was impressed!!!
I called him this evening after closing time and told him that I appreciated his suggestion to color sand the whole car. He appreciated my compliment.
I like having him as a friend. My nickname is now 3.9 miles when I told him that how I live from his shop!!!

Cha Ching

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well.......stopped ìn at the Corvette shop and the owner Carl said.....look what I just picked up this morning!!!!!!! There sat my brand new 3:55 posi!!!!!!!
Carl only had one "P" case and it's a 1958 dated. ALL the guts are Yukon...ring and pinion and posi are brand new!!!!!! Guess I won't have any problems now!!!!!!
Carl suggested that I pull the rear axles and have them checked out to make sure they are in good shape and not twisted20210630_124142.jpg. Will put ìn new wheel bearings àlso. I'll do that here in my barn. Sure glad I have the "double nuts" problem taken care of !!!!!!!!!!!
Happy it's coming along now!!!!!!
20210630_124123.jpg20210630_124142.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well......took the Corvette over to the owner's house, he's going to put it in there. All wheel bearings have been purchased. Going to check the axles to see if they need to be replaced. Going to have the driveshaft checked for straightness and replace the u-joints and balanced.
Trying to make the car better than new!!!!!!!
Excited now!!!!! Just want the 4:11 OUT!!!!!!!