WELL..............

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We gave 2 stations around us that have Premium 91 octane with no ethanol. A new Quicktrip is 5 miles east and another is 20 miles west. Price is $2.29.
I will top off the tank on my last ride!!!!! My engine isn't a race engine. Thank you for the pure-gas website Steve!!!!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We gave 2 stations around us that have Premium 91 octane with no ethanol. A new Quicktrip is 5 miles east and another is 20 miles west. Price is $2.29.
I will top off the tank on my last ride!!!!! My engine isn't a race engine. Thank you for the pure-gas website Steve!!!!
We can also get non ethanol around here but our price is closer to $4.00 per gallon

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think the legality issue with AVGAS is that taxes are not paid as the same with motor fuel at the pump
plus back in the day when pump gas had lead AVGAS has much less so it was not considered a good alternative other then a cheaper high octane

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil, glad to here your first trip went good! I’ll bet it took awhile for you to find that right parking spot. Whose your favorite Corvette parts supplyer catolog so far. Corvette Central is mine. Lots of color pictures.:happy

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well.....let's talk about something positive for a change...Candy and I made about a 100 mile trip on Sat. Went to Weston, MO which started as a trading post when people were coming up the MO river. Now it is filled with all kinds of shops and antique stores. The town was packed with solid traffic both ways on main street. We finally found a parking space. Walked into a store that was a non-profit. Saw they had frozen cherry pies so had to buy one!!!!
That day.....Candy & I bonded with the Corvette!!!! It was awesome all day!!! No way this car is leaving me!!!! Candy even said don't sell the Corvette!!!!!! She said "it is now a Heritage piece and should go to one of the grandsons"!!!!!!!! We got 5....how do we choose?????? Got about 5 or 6 pictures taking of the car and Candy driving down main street!!
Having the front end realignment was king to the handling!!!!! Still have a couple of changes. Will see how it goes this winter. The thread on winterizing was very informative!!!
Guess now....I'll have to change my avaitar!!!!!
I have the answer......obviously you need more Corvettes?
62 was my favorite of the solid axle cars.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I think the legality issue with AVGAS is that taxes are not paid as the same with motor fuel at the pump
plus back in the day when pump gas had lead AVGAS has much less so it was not considered a good alternative other then a cheaper high octane
Yes and it contains lead, it is illegal to use leaded fuel for motor vehicles, not airplanes or race cars YET!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The Corvette is in the hospital!!!!
I took it in last evening to have the paint buffed and polished. The owner called me this morning and asked me to come in and see the results. So in I went in!!!
He polished part of the hood. I knew the paint had a texture to it when I went up to look at it. Didn't look to be such a big deal. Well.....after seeing what 3500 sandpaper looks like.....it's a completely different look!!!!! No ridges and and high spots!! After I looked it all over......I said go ahead and color sand the whole car!!!!!! Just a bigger step. They said there was plenty of paint on the car to do this.
So one of my all time sayings is coming true.......It shines like a diamond in a goat's a$$!!!!
Pick it up tomorrow evening!!! By the way....the owner has built 4 NCRS Corvettes and 2 Duntov Corvettes!!!! I would really recommend his shop for any work!!!!!
Pictures tomorrow!!!!!