Went over to the dark side

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My son today picked up a 2020 F—d 150 Crew Cab RAPTOR, has a family discount.
His 2015 F—d 150 Crew Cab XLT blow its engine after 85,000 miles. Ford was going to replaced it with a salvage yard block. He said no way was he going that way. So he took the dealers offer on the 2015 with the discount.
so now he has the F—d hot rod truck, with it’s 450hp twin turbo 3.4L V6.
I‘ll stay with my GMC 6.2L.

Cayneman

Well Known Member
When I worked the midnight shift as a mechanic for a major airline it was not uncommon for guys to hit the bars after work. To me it just seemed like the wrong time of day to start drinking. I was too tired went home and went to sleep.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My son today picked up a 2020 F—d 150 Crew Cab RAPTOR, has a family discount.
His 2015 F—d 150 Crew Cab XLT blow its engine after 85,000 miles. Ford was going to replaced it with a salvage yard block. He said no way was he going that way. So he took the dealers offer on the 2015 with the discount.
so now he has the F—d hot rod truck, with it’s 450hp twin turbo 3.4L V6.
I‘ll stay with my GMC 6.2L.

I don't see how these guys buy these $100k trucks Not meaning the ability to pay for it, I could do that when I was employed but these trucks are not worth these amounts

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I worked the midnight shift as a mechanic for a major airline it was not uncommon for guys to hit the bars after work. To me it just seemed like the wrong time of day to start drinking. I was too tired went home and went to sleep.

I have a feeling you meant to post this on another thread

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
It's the "Bell's and Whistle's" on these trucks, that keep the prices up.:doh All these truck brands, are Awesome.:cloud None, are worth, the asking price.:doh

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
It's not the "new" truck it's the price No way I would spend more then $48-$50 and that would be hard to swallow None of these trucks are worth $100k in my mind
And yes, I spent $36K which is still a lot

Can see your point. Was hard to see those window stickers and not be overwhelmed. Been looking at trucks for two years. Looked and drove a Denali 2019 with 12k and was really really disappointed. My 2005 Sierra rides better and has a better seat with more cushion. Drove a 2020 Limited and was surprised by the ride and interior. Went in a couple days later to talk with sales manager. The Limited I wanted was nowhere to be found. He found one over a thousand miles away. Only one in country with the options I wanted. Wanted a Limited with off road package. That way I could get a posi rear and keep the 3:21 gears in a package along with some other things at a lower price. As far as price, MSRP was over 65K and I got it for right at 52K. Was happy with that, so made the deal. Figured I could enjoy my money or give it to my heirs.

Fuzz

MAGA