62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
HI Bob, yeah I'm still around, just moving a little slower these days. I had the bubble top to one show last year. An AACA show in Scranton . The bubble top went over big time, 1st place in class. Lots of lookers, and lots of questions about the name IMPALAIR. Not many bubble tops around this area, so we had some fun with it...Now that I have no more projects of my own, Jim and I will be working on the black 62. My very first NEW car was a black , with a red gut , 62 straight Impala , 283 P.G. I still have the Sales agreement for that car, must post it on this site. Jim and I may take a ride down to your place, so save a good set of 62 hood hinges , as I forgot to keep a set for Jims new project....

bobs409

Administrator
HI Bob, yeah I'm still around, just moving a little slower these days. I had the bubble top to one show last year. An AACA show in Scranton . The bubble top went over big time, 1st place in class. Lots of lookers, and lots of questions about the name IMPALAIR. Not many bubble tops around this area, so we had some fun with it...Now that I have no more projects of my own, Jim and I will be working on the black 62. My very first NEW car was a black , with a red gut , 62 straight Impala , 283 P.G. I still have the Sales agreement for that car, must post it on this site. Jim and I may take a ride down to your place, so save a good set of 62 hood hinges , as I forgot to keep a set for Jims new project....

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. Also good that Jim has a helper. Where can I get one of those? :D

You caught it close, I only have 1 pair of 62 hinges left. Took them off ebay just now and will keep them for Jim. Most of the hinges were 68 and the pairs all sold.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for saving the hood hinges, there may be additional parts needed down the road, but not sure what at this point. Good to hear that you are selling all those hard to find original parts. Did you sell any of the 61 -62 convertible stainless for the header , andaround the front windshield? I would have thought that those items would go fast ....